Oil company wanting a temporary easement on my property

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$100/day for every day, they have anything on you. Anything more than a week, and you are ahead of the $750.

Well, we decided to go ahead and work with them and settled on a $100 a day contract. This way it'll give them a little incentive to speed up (even though that's obviously small potatoes to them), but more importantly we are compensated if it runs over from the original 30 day estimate.

$100 a day from the day they start until the day they leave.

Sweet deal! Good for you!
If you need a 501c3 organization to make a donation to have a tax write off, keep the Oklahoma Youth Hunting Program in mind. We take children from non hunting homes in Oklahoma on a deer hunt during Oklahoma's youth deer season. We do this with the help of many volunteers and donors. Www.okyouthhunting.org

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sweet deal! Good for you!
If you need a 501c3 organization to make a donation to have a tax write off, keep the Oklahoma Youth Hunting Program in mind. We take children from non hunting homes in Oklahoma on a deer hunt during Oklahoma's youth deer season. We do this with the help of many volunteers and donors. Www.okyouthhunting.org

Just sent a little via paypal.

And thanks for your original post, the day rate hadn't even crossed my mind. Talked with a buddy today that used to work for an energy company and he did a lot of the landowner relations stuff, he told me to set a hard date and have a higher daily rate after that date.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, we decided to go ahead and work with them and settled on a $100 a
Just sent a little via paypal.

And thanks for your original post, the day rate hadn't even crossed my mind. Talked with a buddy today that used to work for an energy company and he did a lot of the landowner relations stuff, he told me to set a hard date and have a higher daily rate after that date.
Thank you thank you thank you.

Daily rate is common for iron, equipment rental, etc. Some daily rates have started being paid for temporary easements and trespass agreements. Just about any contract (pay rate, stipulations, etc.) is negotiable these days, it just takes a little work.

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They picked everything up on the 13th, should be getting a check any day for a little over $2k. My wife had a baby on the 13th as well, so i haven't been able to get out yet. With the heat/mosquitos, I haven't been chomping at the bit anyways. My brother was down last weekend, checked the cameras and it doesn't seem to have affected the deer numbers any.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They picked everything up on the 13th, should be getting a check any day for a little over $2k. My wife had a baby on the 13th as well, so i haven't been able to get out yet. With the heat/mosquitos, I haven't been chomping at the bit anyways. My brother was down last weekend, checked the cameras and it doesn't seem to have affected the deer numbers any.

Awesome! Congrats on the little one!

Latest posts

Top Bottom