Oil company wanting a temporary easement on my property

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will tell you how to get more. Quit using an attorney to negotiate for you. Negotiate yourself and in person. Gather a copy of the legal agreement and make adjustments as you are necessary. It's far less intimidating than you think. Don't allow the company to tell you what the going rate is, talk to your neighbors. Figure out what they are getting paid, trust me pay will change from landowner to landowner depending on those that negotiate on their own or use an attorney to negotiate.

Add in stipulations, they will never turn down stipulations that benefit the future outcome of the actual property. So long as they are driven towards bringing the property back to a native state. Plant, fertilize, water if necessary when it's dry. Then hold their feet to the fire. Don't let them pay you one fee for two lines on the same hole. Charge for both lines. There are lots of things that you can use to your benefit when negotiating with the companies.

pistolpete95

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully you own the mineral rights to your property. If not, it may not be your call. Same type of thing happened here in Bristow area with some seismic testing. Lot of hurt feelings when people who owned the mineral rights gave the ok and the land owners couldn't stop them.

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
need to see how these on ground things have worked for other land owners. it hasnt been pretty and they like to do this quickly to prevent someone from being able to get a qualified contract lined up. good luck

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, we decided to go ahead and work with them and settled on a $100 a day contract. This way it'll give them a little incentive to speed up (even though that's obviously small potatoes to them), but more importantly we are compensated if it runs over from the original 30 day estimate.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, we decided to go ahead and work with them and settled on a $100 a day contract. This way it'll give them a little incentive to speed up (even though that's obviously small potatoes to them), but more importantly we are compensated if it runs over from the original 30 day estimate.

Is that a $100/day for the 30 days, or just an additional $100/day over the 30 days? If it is the first, you increased your payment a lot. I knew it wouldn't be too hard to get a $100/day and that is still candy money to them. But at least you can buy you some hunting stuff or go on a paid hunt on their dime.

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that a $100/day for the 30 days, or just an additional $100/day over the 30 days? If it is the first, you increased your payment a lot. I knew it wouldn't be too hard to get a $100/day and that is still candy money to them. But at least you can buy you some hunting stuff or go on a paid hunt on their dime.

$100 a day from the day they start until the day they leave.

Latest posts

Top Bottom