Oil overfilled ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waynehead05

Marksman
Reaction score
My Ram ecodiesel seems to have burned off the excess the one time I put 12 quarts instead of 10.5. I said screw it, but I would not do this on any gas engine. Some parts seem to have fallen off so there isn’t anything to clog.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check the oil with the engine off, on a level surface. Remove dipstick, wipe, reinsert, remove and read. Was P0198 present before taking it in for a change? If not, check the oil sensor harness for oil that may have been spilled on it during the oil change. Oil on connectors can cause faulty readings. Unplug it, carb-clean it, let it dry, and replug.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Running over filled, not good.
Running way overfilled, catastrophic.

As already posted, change oil and filter, immediately. Know what you have.

Granddaughter had her oil changed. Mechanic (?) over filled. She made it 4 miles down the road, before engine quit.

Dealer had vehicle 4 days, replaced several sensors and control modules.
All Running well, 2 years later.

I took the Dealership statement and oil change receipt to the manager at Pit Stop. He was an ass. But, I got 3 customers to take their vehicles down the road. The Pit Stop is now closed.
I hope I had a part in it, but I suspect they brought it on themselves.

Wes Noon

Marksman
Reaction score
Same thing happened to the wife's car after getting oil change at Hibdon's in Yukon. She got an oil change two weeks ago. A week later I noticed oil on the garage floor. At first I thought it was the oil pressure sensor leaking. Replaced it but it still leaking, then noticed the oil filter housing cover was the problem. The oil level was way above the max level. I'm guessing It was about 1.5-2 qts. over max. I drain 1qt oil and plenty leaked out after replacing the oil pressure sensor and while I tried to get the original cover to keep from leaking. I eventually had to replace the oil filter housing cover. Hopefully nothing else damaged.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same thing happened to the wife's car after getting oil change at Hibdon's in Yukon. She got an oil change two weeks ago. A week later I noticed oil on the garage floor. At first I thought it was the oil pressure sensor leaking. Replaced it but it still leaking, then noticed the oil filter housing cover was the problem. The oil level was way above the max level. I'm guessing It was about 1.5-2 qts. over max. I drain 1qt oil and plenty leaked out after replacing the oil pressure sensor and while I tried to get the original cover to keep from leaking. I eventually had to replace the oil filter housing cover. Hopefully nothing else damaged.
I’ve had some bad experiences with the Mustang hibdon

I’m convinced the technicians there are not good at their jobs

Latest posts

Top Bottom