Oil Price Per BBL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Next quarterly payment in March on our mineral rights payment is going to be sad, June and September payments could still be ok if it recovers by spring- but I dont see that happening, I think it will be worse or at least stay down low. Theyre calling for it being down for awhile. Glad I stack it away for just these kinds of times like my grampa told me to do, he was an OKC producer and he could gauge the ups and downs pretty good. If we can keep our production on the wells we have producing right now steady like it is we'll still be ok even without any new drilling, which right now is dead as the last lease sale did not generate any new producers interest. No bonuses or profits but still have income, which works for me. Such is life...

No matter how much less it is, it will be larger than my $0.00 check. :) You just can beat mail box money, no matter the amount.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
http://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_20141212_125254_zpsgi0briy2.jpg

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next quarterly payment in March on our mineral rights payment is going to be sad, June and September payments could still be ok if it recovers by spring- but I dont see that happening, I think it will be worse or at least stay down low. Theyre calling for it being down for awhile. Glad I stack it away for just these kinds of times like my grampa told me to do, he was an OKC producer and he could gauge the ups and downs pretty good. If we can keep our production on the wells we have producing right now steady like it is we'll still be ok even without any new drilling, which right now is dead as the last lease sale did not generate any new producers interest. No bonuses or profits but still have income, which works for me. Such is life...

Income is a good thing. I'm watching some of my old crew at Sandridge running below 2 dollars a share and just thinking I'm glad I got away from oil and gas when I did.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The company I work for just laid off 55 people today.

My broker is laying off too. I'm fairly certain I'm looking for work as soon as I turn my finished assignment in the next day or two. I'm also fairly certain I've got something lined up, but I really like the guys I've been with for 10 years now and I just got a really nice raise last month.

And my Continental stock has went from $70 to $31. I'm really hoping that I can hang onto it and not sell at a slight loss, I was up huge. :(
If I can hang onto it will go back up there. :)

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got reassigned to a different department starting the 1st. The hours won't be as good but my salary will stay the same, and atleast I'm still employed.

Atleast your not holding Sandridge stock from 2008 like a few people I know. I don't think they will ever make that money back.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My broker is laying off too. I'm fairly certain I'm looking for work as soon as I turn my finished assignment in the next day or two. I'm also fairly certain I've got something lined up, but I really like the guys I've been with for 10 years now and I just got a really nice raise last month.

And my Continental stock has went from $70 to $31. I'm really hoping that I can hang onto it and not sell at a slight loss, I was up huge. :(

It will be back. It always is. My wife's schlumberger has gone from $118 to $79.90. Big hickey, but it only takes one big world event to turn it around, and there is always one of those lurking around the corner.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The company I work for just laid off 55 people today.

I have worked for one large company in production since 2004, the last 2 years I have been under a boss that just makes me want to punch him or bang my head on the wall. I interviewed today with another large company with a good foothold in Oklahoma. The price of oil has thrown another "what if" in my equation. I think the time at one company may be better than being the new guy.

Any thoughts....?

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got reassigned to a different department starting the 1st. The hours won't be as good but my salary will stay the same, and atleast I'm still employed.

Atleast your not holding Sandridge stock from 2008 like a few people I know. I don't think they will ever make that money back.

Sandridge is a shining example of why I feel the way I do about oil and gas companies. They were circling the drain before the oil prices tanked and Tom Ward is looking at his golden parachute and laughing all the way to the bank.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will be back. It always is. My wife's schlumberger has gone from $118 to $79.90. Big hickey, but it only takes one big world event to turn it around, and there is always one of those lurking around the corner.

I have worked for one large company in production since 2004, the last 2 years I have been under a boss that just makes me want to punch him or bang my head on the wall. I interviewed today with another large company with a good foothold in Oklahoma. The price of oil has thrown another "what if" in my equation. I think the time at one company may be better than being the new guy.

Any thoughts....?

The price of oil is the entire deal right now. Wall Street just kills me, they are such friggin lemmings. The financial analysts state a little blurb and everybody goes ape **** without any logical thought whatsoever. I just bought more CLR last week or late the week before. It dropped 21% in a single trading session so I jumped. I dropped another 11% early the next week but has rebounded some. It will get better, it's just a matter of when. For those in the business, we know this is the down part of the year anyway but the Saudis sure threw a rock at us and they know it. Anybody got a nuke to throw on mecca? Or a leader with a clue and an actual energy policy?

Latest posts

Top Bottom