OK bear hunt is a stining money grab

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Tracker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Attachments

• sow03.jpg
    sow03.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 149

waynemorgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok here we go, i spend as much money as i can for the wildlife dept buy tags & stamps even if i know i will not use them.

(note : truck tag )

as long as no one get a fine if more then 20 bears are taken .

is there a limt on the # of tags sold ? & if not i might just get 1 to keep

keystone1974

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i think the $100 is alot,but i've always wanted to kill a bear- never had the money to go out of state to do it. The chance for at least one day at a bear for a $101 TAG, AND $40 ACCESS FEE to be on leased land in the kiamichi is a good enough deal for me. I started hunting there 4yrs. ago-scince then abunch of the land we lease from the logging co. has gone to hunting clubs..alot of it, 2yrs. ago they talked about the leased land no being available cause of money. It was $12.50 for the first 3 yrs. i hunted now i can still hunt some of it for $40. I was super pissed though when 2yrs. ago the mountain my cousins and i hunted was closed cause some people with a crap load of money leased it or bought it from the logging co. THE WHOLE AREA FROM 144-271 BETWEEN NASHOBAAND- HONOBIA-EXCEPT THE honobia state area. I have'nt killed a buck out there scince the first year after lots of scouting. BUT admist all the bad stuff last year on oct.1 2008 i saw 2 different off the same logging road my first hour there looking for a good tree for my stand the next day. IF I can get off for the first I will go if not I THINK ALL 20 bears will be killed in the wilburton area since theres alot of nussiance bears on hunters private property.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My two cents is bears are like the pigs. They dont belong here. Blast em if you see em and keep them in AR. They are extremly dangerous animals. Cant out run em, cant out clim em, hope you have a big enough cal to drop him or he will be chewing on you if he wants to. They are smart, very fast, quiet if they want and I hope I never see one of those black bears.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They were here long before man almost hunted them out. Look at the Grizzly, their range used to be part of Western Ok, and Ok/TX panhandle....

Good on the wildlife department and state for the bear season....

Well if what you say is true, then good. They dont have my sympathy. I wouldnt want one of them around where I live. They only have man to fear and most of us dont go around armed unless hunting.
Compare the weapons that we use today to the weapons of the past like the 45 70 or 45 90. You would be up a creek with a 243 or 270 out deer hunting and a grizzley comes around. Fortunatly these are pretty much little 400 poundish black bears. No Daniel Boons here.
Good thing that there is no 9 foot tall 1000+ pound grizleys around, they are not cuite or cuddly and would be hunted into extinction again.
Think of it like this, If you were in the water you wouldnt want to see a shark.
The bear like the shark could eat you if it wanted and there is nothing that you could do about it. NOTHING. It is the largest predetor that we have to worry about besides mountain lions. Fortunately for me Im on the other side of the state were there are non. Just the big kittys.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're just joking, right?

A black bear is pretty much a big raccoon, it's a fair stretch to call them extremely dangerous. I would love to have them one my lease. Had a den on the lease right before I got on it in the early 90's, but they moved on and none have been seen since. I hunt less than 50 miles from the AR state line, but up a little further north so the tracts of land are not as big as they are down south.

I've never had the privilege of seeing an Oklahoma bear, but I know people who have and the bears ran away like a fat kid from the playground bully.

+ 1 JWE, good on the department for helping bears get a foothold back in eastern Ok, been a long time coming. Also good on Arkansas for stocking the bears back in the 50's and 60's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom