OK fess up. Which one of you did it? "Oklahoma City Pair Vandalize Restaurant Over Not Receiving 'Endless Shrimp,' Police Say"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rebuilding after a house fire, I had my brother, B-i-L and a buddy helping me hang sheetrock. Finished the day and took them to an All-You-Can-Eat shrimp.

After 3 hours, the owner comes out and tells us "you have had enough."
I point at the sign, "ALL you can eat, $9.95" (1985), not all we can eat $0, bring us a plate of shrimp."

He leaves, brings us another plate (~2doz), sets it down and says, "that's it"

Waitress brings our ticket and I tell her "another plate." Owner comes out, says "get out". I point at the sign and hand him the ticket.

He tells waitress to bring another plate.

She brought it out and said boss was MAD, we had eat over $100 worth of shrimp. I told her we were finished and waiting on our ticket the first time he came out, had he asked how the meal was, we would have left. Since he wanted to be an azz, I decided to show him how. Her tip depended on whether she told him before or after we left.

He was watching us from the kitchen door. I asked her to get me 2 more shrimp.

She laughed and headed to the kitchen. Brought out two, piping hot, fresh shrimp.

Bill was just shy of $44, gave her $85 and a keep the change.

The next week, AYCE shrimp was gone.
The LARGE order shrimp $12.95, was $9.95 on Wed. Night.

Wif and I went in almost every Wed and had shrimp. Always the same waitress and excellent service. Boss never came to our table.

AYCE, BOTTOMLESS, FREE REFILLS, etc; normally mean, at that sitting, once you leave or they close, it is over.

The only exception I know of, is the What-a-burger $0.05 coffee and one of the convenience stores had a refillable mug, at one time. Bring your W-a-B cup anytime, coffee $0.05. May be others.
Tried it Sonic, once. No go. The most expensive part is the cup, then ice, cheapest part is the drink.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rebuilding after a house fire, I had my brother, B-i-L and a buddy helping me hang sheetrock. Finished the day and took them to an All-You-Can-Eat shrimp.

After 3 hours, the owner comes out and tells us "you have had enough."
I point at the sign, "ALL you can eat, $9.95" (1985), not all we can eat $0, bring us a plate of shrimp."

He leaves, brings us another plate (~2doz), sets it down and says, "that's it"

Waitress brings our ticket and I tell her "another plate." Owner comes out, says "get out". I point at the sign and hand him the ticket.

He tells waitress to bring another plate.

She brought it out and said boss was MAD, we had eat over $100 worth of shrimp. I told her we were finished and waiting on our ticket the first time he came out, had he asked how the meal was, we would have left. Since he wanted to be an azz, I decided to show him how. Her tip depended on whether she told him before or after we left.

He was watching us from the kitchen door. I asked her to get me 2 more shrimp.

She laughed and headed to the kitchen. Brought out two, piping hot, fresh shrimp.

Bill was just shy of $44, gave her $85 and a keep the change.

The next week, AYCE shrimp was gone.
The LARGE order shrimp $12.95, was $9.95 on Wed. Night.

Wif and I went in almost every Wed and had shrimp. Always the same waitress and excellent service. Boss never came to our table.

AYCE, BOTTOMLESS, FREE REFILLS, etc; normally mean, at that sitting, once you leave or they close, it is over.

The only exception I know of, is the What-a-burger $0.05 coffee and one of the convenience stores had a refillable mug, at one time. Bring your W-a-B cup anytime, coffee $0.05. May be others.
Tried it Sonic, once. No go. The most expensive part is the cup, then ice, cheapest part is the drink.
I'm just mad that back in the 80's I missed out on American Airlines selling the All-You-Can-Fly-In-First-Class tickets. I mean sure I had zero money stuffed in my diapers at the time, but that was a good deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom