Ok OSA I need some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ignore those traditional anniversary gifts, I remember back at 5 years I was trying to do the same thing by making it special since it is a milestone of sorts. I saw "wood" for the "traditional" anniversary idea and I was lost. I scrapped the wood idea, bought an anniversary band with channel set diamonds to attach to her wedding & engagement rings.

Jewelry has never done me wrong, especially when it's something she'll want to remember forever.

HippyG22M3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You bombed her first Mom's Day your toast!! You will hear about it for the rest of your life!:scream:

Spa day if she likes that kind of thing plus the wooden box if she is the traditional type.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If she is a gamer, buy her some custom wood dice from my buddy-

www.artisiandice.com

Otherwise, find a way to make it work. I always try to make a play on the traditional gifts. For 8 or 9 it is lace, so I bought her several pairs of lace-style earrings. If you can't think of anything that she would like from wood, then use it as a play on words- Instead of wood, it's would. As in "Would you rather" go on a trip to here or here? something like that. Have both options planned out. OR you do something like this:

Would you rather wear these earrings (and give them to her) and go to dinner
OR
Would you rather take this ring (and give it to her) to a movie?

If she has a sense of humor, she should like that. especially if you give her 2 gifts (one to make up for mother's day) that wood get you out of the doghouse.

Dave C

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks to everybody for the ideas you all have been very helpful. I went ahead and called the place in beaver ok. and, I think he's going to get me fixed up on a jewelry box. now I just need to sneak off to the jewelry store and, find something special. I liked the charm bracelet idea but, when I was getting my scolding for mother's day she said she was expecting something like a necklace with a pendent that had a spot for a pic of her and the baby. So I'm torn on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom