OK Republican calling for forced vaccininations - as predicted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a difference in asking for ANY sort of reference in the face of FUD and emotional enecdotes and screaming you can't prove it. Now in terms of Vaccines being investigated? You're wrong. Any medical journal will have plenty of studies for human side effects. Coupled with decades of research before and after they are approved. Not many aspects of human health even come close to the same level of study and research.

Problem is that it would be extremely difficult to try and eliminate all the variables and intereactions of every human being. The scientific community does a damn good job in elminating said variables to achieve well over a 99% success rate, and it goes well beyond that. Billions of doses of the major vaccines and what problems do you have? Now if one says.... not my child!! More power to them or if they are worried about the possibility. Then they need to worry about more significant dangers, such as driving them to school.

How am I wrong? I never said there weren't studies out the wazoo on vaccines. However, can you point to ANY vaccine that has been proven to have NO potentially harmful side effects? For anyone? No.

Look at what the FDA requires drug manufacturers to do when they advertise drugs. They have to list the potential side effects and quite often, they even include death. They don't do that because they're saying "just in case". Those results come from studies and trials.

For the umpteenth time, I don't disagree with any of the statistics, justifications or "common sense" arguments. I agree that just about everything else is more dangerous "statistically". I agree that every parent SHOULD get their child immunized. However, I leave open the possibility that more than a few kids out there may have medical histories that would counterindicate that.

My only concern is when we start mandating vaccines across the board for kids, without regard for individual issues. We've all seen the school "zero tolerance" policies carried to all out idiocy. It's one thing when you're talking about punishment. It's another entirely when the result may (even very slightly) be permanent damage or death.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All those people who lived in an iron lung back in the 30's, or anyone in polio leg braces, or who got measles, whooping cough, or typhoid would seriously like to give you anti-vacc'ers a roundhouse to the face.

cause mercuree and borted fetusses....... 'merica by god.

Yes and you need to give up YOUR wealth because of slavery...you need to suffer for what someone else did...you can say what you want but the fact is you should not have the right to dictate what is injected into someone else's child in a free country...especially if the ingredients are known and controversial. You guys act like children are being asked to eat some carrots or something totally harmless to inoculate them. The reason there is objection is because there is risk and my right not to inject something I think could hurt my child has nothing to do with someone in an iron lung 70yrs ago...again, the thread is about if you support mandatory vaccines in a "free" country regardless of your emotional stance on the merits of vaccines.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Look, I tried to get you up to speed, but you won't listen.

Getting me up to speed? That is so cute. Do you think you overestimated your value a bit?

… you walked in on the latter half of the discussion and THOUGHT you understood the topic …

Sorry I missed the cutoff of when to reply. Let me know what the post number was for that and I will watch for it in the future.

… but you didn't. You tried to change the topic to statistics, which isn't what we were discussing.

Let’s see if I understand what the adults were talking about so you don’t have to overdose on Midol … People are discussing mandating vaccinations. Some do not want this because they don’t want their government telling them to do anything. Some have layered excuses on this issue relating to the efficacy of vaccinations. Pretty good so far?

Here is your “teaching moment”. Given that the point of vaccinations is to keep people healthy and to eradicate disease, the process relies on the “herd” participating. As well, if comments related to vaccination efficacy are brought up as they were then statistics are indeed relevant to the conversation.

Those are salient reasons why statistics are important to the conversation on mandating vaccines. Statistics provide a fact-based platform to understand the issue. And it is noted that you did nothing but get your whine on and did nothing to explain why statistics are not important. Speaking of which …

You. Still. Don't. Get. It. …

You captured the feminine yet very angry prose of a woman quite well here. Well done.

do us all a favor sweetie and waddle on back to the kiddie table, k? Oh, and take your cheer squad with you while you're at it. Thanks bunches! ;)

I was going to apologize for sounding "sexist" when I made the quip about your husband. Instead I think I will ask you to go make me a sandwich. :)

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have no plans to engage with you, but I have to respond to that. You have been told, shown, had it explained to you in the simplest fashion possible, the answer to that question. The fact that you would even ask it proves beyond any doubt that you simple do not care about facts or the truth. It's now clear beyond any doubt that you are simply trolling (I'm not calling you a troll, I have never called anyone on this board a troll).

X-ring hit Ace. Well said.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How am I wrong? I never said there weren't studies out the wazoo on vaccines. However, can you point to ANY vaccine that has been proven to have NO potentially harmful side effects? For anyone? No.

Look at what the FDA requires drug manufacturers to do when they advertise drugs. They have to list the potential side effects and quite often, they even include death. They don't do that because they're saying "just in case". Those results come from studies and trials.

For the umpteenth time, I don't disagree with any of the statistics, justifications or "common sense" arguments. I agree that just about everything else is more dangerous "statistically". I agree that every parent SHOULD get their child immunized. However, I leave open the possibility that more than a few kids out there may have medical histories that would counterindicate that.

My only concern is when we start mandating vaccines across the board for kids, without regard for individual issues. We've all seen the school "zero tolerance" policies carried to all out idiocy. It's one thing when you're talking about punishment. It's another entirely when the result may (even very slightly) be permanent damage or death.

Pertaining to a majority of the major diseases we vaccinate against, it's nearly a guarantee that permanent damage or death will occur upon exposure if we don't employ a vaccination schedule. I get the zero tolerance disdain, but it works here if we want to consider a population. I am also sympathetic to individual issues, but like I said, the logistics of consdering all variables with all the combinations of schedules would be insane at the current level of technology. In most cases, prohibitive.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes and you need to give up YOUR wealth because of slavery...you need to suffer for what someone else did...you can say what you want but the fact is you should not have the right to dictate what is injected into someone else's child in a free country...especially if the ingredients are known and controversial. You guys act like children are being asked to eat some carrots or something totally harmless to inoculate them. The reason there is objection is because there is risk and my right not to inject something I think could hurt my child has nothing to do with someone in an iron lung 70yrs ago...again, the thread is about if you support mandatory vaccines in a "free" country regardless of your emotional stance on the merits of vaccines.
Seems someone out there has run into your kind....

scienceblogs.com_startswithabang_files_2015_04_StrawmanArgument.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get the zero tolerance disdain, but it works here if we want to consider a population. I am also sympathetic to individual issues, but like I said, the logistics of consdering all variables with all the combinations of schedules would be insane at the current level of technology. In most cases, prohibitive.

Which is perfectly reasonable if we're doing everything EXCEPT mandating it. If you're mandating it, then the cost is inconsequential.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

1.) Strawman Arguement
2.) Your ignorance is showing

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If vaccines work, then why is an unvaccinated kid a threat to yours?

Couple of points.

One, let’s say you don’t want your children to get a vaccine for whatever the reason. Sadly and unfortunately, your child contracts a disease from another child whose parents thought the same as you. While you have the means to pay for your child’s illness, what if the other kid’s parents don’t. Not a great use of our tax dollars when it could have been avoided.

Let’s take another look at this. One of the kid’s with this disease coughs up a fur ball and someone in their battle with cancer who lacks the horsepower in the immune system to fight it off gets broadsided. A painful death later, you get to congratulate yourself on “erring on the side of liberty”. You still want to talk about who really thinks the “world evolves around”?

What seems odd to me is not that the government would mandate vaccinations but that the government would have to mandate vaccinations because people do not have the common sense to get the fruit of their loins vaccinated.

A person can respectfully have a number of reasons “why” not to get their children (themselves or their pets) vaccinated. Religious reasons. Tinfoil hat reasons. Ignorant regarding the “relevance” of data reasons. Whatever. My question (again) is do they understand the consequences for not doing such?

Latest posts

Top Bottom