OK Rut Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
first pic buck ran over by Watonga 1 of 5 that I seen yesterday. second pic ran over this morning north of Anadarko pic doesn't do him justice

Attachments

• Watonga Buck.jpg
    Watonga Buck.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 201
  • Anadarko Buck.jpg
    Anadarko Buck.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 209

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Driving back from se oklahoma last night around 7 oclock around ada area we went thru a stretch where we saw 5 different bucks in the center median, and in the ditch lines searching. im sure that the search phase in that mile or two stretch was on full blast. it was weird that was the only spot we saw this though. We did not see any road kill on the drive to Norman. Im sure there was road kill there in that area with all the deer out moving later in the evening.
On a second note, while hunting this weekend in se we saw some bucks were still bachelor up just feeding along like summer pattern.

okiearmory

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot this buck around Seminole this morning at 8:04. Prior to this buck I had a decent 8 point come in about 15 minutes after a yearling ran by. He stopped worked over a scrap and headed off the direction of the yearling. After that I would use a doe bleat twice about every 25 minutes. I am hunting a small food plot surrounded by very thick cover. My thought was there could be bucks cruising close by and I would never see them. About 2 minutes after I used the bleat this buck steps out onto the field. He was limping pretty bad and he gave me a broadside shot at 18 yards. I did not skin him prior to taking him to the processing plant but I checked his hide over and didn't see any external wounds. His hoofs also looked normal so I am not sure what was going on but he was banged up. His glands were very dark and he smelt like he was in rut. You could smell him from 15' away. I think the rut is getting very close in my neck of the woods.

Attachments

• IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 170

Latest posts

Top Bottom