OKC 3-Gun----May 16th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back on track here, does anyone know where I can get a dozen or so empty plastic 55gallon barrels? I have an idea. :)

Yes. You can buy them for less than $10 each at

Mid-America Chemical Inc‎
1801 South Skyline Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73129-6051
(405) 670-0101‎

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=&ie=...A&ved=0CBgQpQY&sa=X&ei=YaLZS_D0C5aijQPEoJjADw

We buy some chemicals from them at work and they offered to sell me some for $5 last time I asked. You might want to give them a good rinse before you drink out of them though.

Call me. I maybe can take one of our 24' trucks and go getcha some delivered to the range.

I have about 10 or so of those small blue 10-15 gallon drums. They are like the ones we shot through at the Texas Carbine match. I planned to make a similar barricade with them but your welcome to them.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at using this as my first 3 gun match. Anything I need to be thinking about now? Total round count breakout? I know I need to adjust my scope on my AR...other than that, my equipment is ready.

Think about practicing your shotgun reloads. That's the hardest thing for new 3 gun shooters. I am sure Mike will have us shooting upside down or from some other weird postions so plan for anything.

onwmed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think about practicing your shotgun reloads. That's the hardest thing for new 3 gun shooters. I am sure Mike will have us shooting upside down or from some other weird postions so plan for anything.

That's what I planned on working on this weekend, I'm setting up a few different scenarios at home (range) that I found on the internet just to get used to reloading and moving at the same time...should be a lot of fun.

stewball

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was practicing last night in my office and the wife wanted to know what the hell all that racket was. I tried all different kinds of ways and it seemed to boil down to just slow and smooth was the most consistent way of reloading. Everytime I tried to speed up, I was dropping shells, getting fumbly fingers, etc. Practice, practice, practice. Gonna start hitting the range next week. Only a little over two more weeks till kick off.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes. You can buy them for less than $10 each at

Mid-America Chemical Inc‎
1801 South Skyline Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73129-6051
(405) 670-0101‎

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=&ie=...A&ved=0CBgQpQY&sa=X&ei=YaLZS_D0C5aijQPEoJjADw

We buy some chemicals from them at work and they offered to sell me some for $5 last time I asked. You might want to give them a good rinse before you drink out of them though.

Call me. I maybe can take one of our 24' trucks and go getcha some delivered to the range.

I have about 10 or so of those small blue 10-15 gallon drums. They are like the ones we shot through at the Texas Carbine match. I planned to make a similar barricade with them but your welcome to them.

Thanks Jesse. We will give them a shout. Since you are an engineer that uses some chemicals, what is the best way to clean out those barrels so no one melts? :)

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Another thing I would add to the regimant is to practice shooting somewhere between prone and kneeling. We will have a blind stage this match. The Super wal-mart will be off limits and marked accordingly. We will have one shooter come around and shoot the COF and then reset. Then get the next shooter,etc. It will be all 3 guns with fairly easy shots, but you will not see the targets until after the buzzer goes off. I can tell you it is at least 5 targets each with all 3guns and the rifle shots will be a little awkward.

M

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Jesse. We will give them a shout. Since you are an engineer that uses some chemicals, what is the best way to clean out those barrels so no one melts? :)

I am no chemical engineer for sure! I guess it depends on what the had in them originally. I just ran water through mine and let them air out. I of course recycled the run off water to keep the whole process green as can be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom