Okc drive in theaters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I am too young to have seen them in theaters. I didn't really get into westerns until my wife and I had to live with her folks for about 6 months. He is an old cowboy. Used to rodeo, still runs cattle. He watches westerns pretty much non stop so I had no choice but to watch them and by god if I didn't love it! So most I've seen on amc and the western channel. And dvds.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Used to go to the Drive In in Phoenix ....... Mid 60's ...... It is gone now ..... :(

The last one in Altus closed in the mid 80's ....... Lawn chairs and beer ..... great times ..... :)

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My family (back in '60s) would go to the Bomber Drive In located at SE15th/Douglas in Midwest City or to the Skyview located at NE23rd/Coltrane in Oklahoma city. both sadly are no longer. Saw quite a few movies peering over the top of our old station wagon.

The Winchester Drive In on South Western in Oklahoma City is still going... Was by there the other day........

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
winchester is the only one i know of but i stopped going there (even though i went very rarely already) when my old lady had to dash home real quick due to "feminine issues" and he wouldnt let us back in. His own policy at the time was just show your ticket and you would get let back in for that same showing but he had a little power trip on us i guess.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw Two Mules for Sister Sara at the Bomber back when I was a kid. Think that was my first time actually at a drive-in. I grew up watching them at the Winchester because from our front yard we had a perfect view except for a couple of trees.

Latest posts

Top Bottom