Oklahoma 2nd amendment under attack..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GWinOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just learned of this today:

https://kfor.com/2020/01/22/bill-would-limit-gun-magazine-size/

I normally focus on national issues regarding gun control, assuming that Oklahoma’s gun traditions were fairly secure. OKC and Norman are now leaning toward Democrats. I suppose that means I’m going to have to refocus my concerns closer to home to protect our rights. I emailed Representatve Rosecrants this morning about this bill. He’s a Dem, thus it probably won’t make much of a difference. We need to start preparing or they are going to try to pull a Virginia-like move here. Magazine capacity is the first step, then it will go in to other so-called “reasonable” restrictions. Time for me to step it up in terms of activism. Anyone here involved in any 2A organizations for networking?

Trey Kirby

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just learned of this today:

https://kfor.com/2020/01/22/bill-would-limit-gun-magazine-size/

I normally focus on national issues regarding gun control, assuming that Oklahoma’s gun traditions were fairly secure. OKC and Norman are now leaning toward Democrats. I suppose that means I’m going to have to refocus my concerns closer to home to protect our rights. I emailed Representatve Rosecrants this morning about this bill. He’s a Dem, thus it probably won’t make much of a difference. We need to start preparing or they are going to try to pull a Virginia-like move here. Magazine capacity is the first step, then it will go in to other so-called “reasonable” restrictions. Time for me to step it up in terms of activism. Anyone here involved in any 2A organizations for networking?

Your absolutely right! The national gun debate is important but arguably more important is the local state gun issues. Rosecrants is in my district too and has ignored emails from me but starting next week I will be blowing up his phone. Everyone in Oklahoma needs to be on alert!!! Bloomberg has pumped a million to do the same thing he did in Virginia. We need everyone to participate and put them on notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GWinOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your absolutely right! The national gun debate is important but arguably more important is the local state gun issues. Rosecrants is in my district too and has ignored emails from me but starting next week I will be blowing up his phone. Everyone in Oklahoma needs to be on alert!!! Bloomberg has pumped a million to do the same thing he did in Virginia. We need everyone to participate and put them on notice.

I emailed Rosecrants today and, to my surprise, he sent me a personal email back. He basically admitted that the legislation isn’t going anywhere. He cited the fact that Constitutional Carry went through and that the votes wouldn’t be there to override a Stitt veto. He sounded flatly pessimistic about it, which is good news for us. When does he come up for re-election? We need to get a 2A Republican in there.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I emailed Rosecrants today and, to my surprise, he sent me a personal email back. He basically admitted that the legislation isn’t going anywhere. He cited the fact that Constitutional Carry went through and that the votes wouldn’t be there to override a Stitt veto. He sounded flatly pessimistic about it, which is good news for us. When does he come up for re-election? We need to get a 2A Republican in there.

I'm guessing that's right out of the Bloomberg playbook. When your pro-gun constituents complain just say it's not going anywhere.
But like was mentioned earlier in this thread, they should explain why the think it's a good idea in the first place.
Just getting the idea out into the public mind, and minds of legislators, is the first step. Then maybe next year it will have more backing.
We're in the long game now folks.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think with a lot of these folks it simply comes down to furthering their careers. So they pick a hot topic and try to ride it for as long as possible.

Lowe, Dunnington, etc. All to get that Bloomberg money and spread their names.

Lowe surrounded by Mom's Demand today was pathetic.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Make no mistake. Bloomberg has already thrown his money in here. Ask Kendra Horn. But he is also spending money to hammer the 2A. He is doing it all over. That won’t stop.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make no mistake. Bloomberg has already thrown his money in here. Ask Kendra Horn. But he is also spending money to hammer the 2A. He is doing it all over. That won’t stop.
All we can hope is that he'll burn through his billions with little or no effect--but I know I'm daydreaming right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom