Oklahoma house OKs bill for permit free open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now I feel like I'm being punished if I want to conceal carry. $200 and a 90 day wait to conceal or free anytime to open carry. That's the part I don't understand.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now I feel like I'm being punished if I want to conceal carry. $200 and a 90 day wait to conceal or free anytime to open carry. That's the part I don't understand.

Baby steps. Next phase, after the "oh noez, illegals and untrained people carrying guns" nitwits calm down and move on, is full constitutional carry.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's definitely a move in the right direction, but not THE right move, IMO. Open carry is much more polarizing than concealed out 'in the wild,' and it provides more ammo for the anti-gunners to complain. I don't think the odd pistol on a hip will draw much attention. However, there are the jackasses (already mentioned earlier) that will toss an AR on their back and stroll through parks and stores to rub it in. If it draws too much negative attention, it might make unpermitted CC harder to get passed. I think we should be able to carry however we want, and not need a permit to do so, but I also think there are proper ways to do so. Flagrant OC'ing of rifles and attention-grabbing guns should be legal, but not everything legal should be encouraged. It's not illegal to drop the F-bomb around kids and in churches every other sentence, but it's something I avoid as a matter of good taste. I see obnoxious OC in that same light.

As for the thigh holster, tactical nor not, it's like wearing socks with sandals. It's functional, but it definitely looks goofy.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's definitely a move in the right direction, but not THE right move, IMO. Open carry is much more polarizing than concealed out 'in the wild,' and it provides more ammo for the anti-gunners to complain. I don't think the odd pistol on a hip will draw much attention. However, there are the jackasses (already mentioned earlier) that will toss an AR on their back and stroll through parks and stores to rub it in. If it draws too much negative attention, it might make unpermitted CC harder to get passed. I think we should be able to carry however we want, and not need a permit to do so, but I also think there are proper ways to do so. Flagrant OC'ing of rifles and attention-grabbing guns should be legal, but not everything legal should be encouraged. It's not illegal to drop the F-bomb around kids and in churches every other sentence, but it's something I avoid as a matter of good taste. I see obnoxious OC in that same light.

As for the thigh holster, tactical nor not, it's like wearing socks with sandals. It's functional, but it definitely looks goofy.

Almost exactly my thoughts on the matter. I know a good portion of people here do not agree, but I wish the law would be a pistol only type thing and specifically outlaw AR/AK pistols. That is probably not going to happen.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think it's good to make AR carry in any sense, but I think people with an AR on their shoulder in Wal-Mart are fair game for ridicule and public shaming. I don't like the idea of banning carry of anything, because there may be a reason for it and the 2nd doesn't place limits on it. But, good taste has its limits and people need to realize that there's a balance between protection and exercising one's rights and reasonable accommodation of one's neighbors. It's all opinion based, but that's where culture, social norms and the ability to call something stupid come into play...something we've lost over the years.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Second Amendment YAY! Concealed carry by paying a tribute YAY! Open carry by paying a tribute yay. Constitutional Carry ya no..uuuuhhh. wait a minute....ahhh, well, lets have some RULES on that mebbe...no rifles or long pistols, Buntline Specials, 7 or 8 guns, "lazer sights", extra magazine bullit clips, bayonets, c'mon you know, damned Second Amendment.

Sounds like hormonal overload.

chigger digger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
what he said
Second Amendment YAY! Concealed carry by paying a tribute YAY! Open carry by paying a tribute yay. Constitutional Carry ya no..uuuuhhh. wait a minute....ahhh, well, lets have some RULES on that mebbe...no rifles or long pistols, Buntline Specials, 7 or 8 guns, "lazer sights", extra magazine bullit clips, bayonets, c'mon you know, damned Second Amendment.

Sounds like hormonal overload.

Latest posts

Top Bottom