Oklahoma Police Sniper Challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No offense, but I would prefer active only. Maybe two matches, like mentioned, but one open, one closed?

Im not trying to piss anyone off, but I have personal reasons for this. Truth be told, I am sure a majority of the LE/Mil on here have the same feelings.

And there it is. The attitude of the public concerning law enforcement will never change until the "us against them" mentality ends.

I hate to be the one to break it to ya, but there are A LOT of former military and law enforcement that could teach you a thing or two about shooting. It is short-sighted and, quite frankly, ignorant to not be interested in an opportunity to learn from others.

It appears, from the description given by Wes, this is nothing but an accuracy match except for the stalk at the end. There is ZERO reason to not allow non LEO/Military to not attend.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it also tends to p!ss off LE when they see a civi treat a match like a game, while they view it as training.
Thats probably the crux of the matter.

I wish that was the case, Mike, because there's logic in that. I think it's generally sillier than that.

It is short-sighted and, quite frankly, ignorant to not be interested in an opportunity to learn from others.

Well said. Ego shouldn't be part of the equation.

I can bring a DD 214, can I shoot? :D

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No offense, but I would prefer active only. Maybe two matches, like mentioned, but one open, one closed?

Im not trying to piss anyone off, but I have personal reasons for this. Truth be told, I am sure a majority of the LE/Mil on here have the same feelings.

I must be in the minority then because I could care less. There will always be someone who is better than me just as there will always be someone not as good as me. If I can learn from a civilian shooter who is better good for me. If I can help another shooter who is not as good as me good for me. What's the big deal?

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
While I do appreciate everyone assuming they know what I mean, I will explain.

It has nothing to do with ability, or super secret ninja stuff, it has everything to do with the match itself. Maybe I have been exposed to the extremes on either side of the equation, but each and every LE/MIL match or comp I have been to is much, much better ran than civilian matches.

In an LE Comp, no one gripes over minute score differences, or analyzes the course of fire for weeks in order to find each and every possible way to get that 1/100th second advantage. Of course, there are gamers anywhere there is a game, but the vast majority do the best they can, and recognize where they need to improve, where it may actually matter.

You know, when I shoot a match, I am first and foremost competing against myself. So, sorry, I don't get it.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I do appreciate everyone assuming they know what I mean, I will explain.

It has nothing to do with ability, or super secret ninja stuff, it has everything to do with the match itself. Maybe I have been exposed to the extremes on either side of the equation, but each and every LE/MIL match or comp I have been to is much, much better ran than civilian matches.

In an LE Comp, no one gripes over minute score differences, or analyzes the course of fire for weeks in order to find each and every possible way to get that 1/100th second advantage. Of course, there are gamers anywhere there is a game, but the vast majority do the best they can, and recognize where they need to improve, where it may actually matter.

I have good news for you! The match is being run by a LEO so your concern is a non-issue.

How do you "game" an accuracy match?!?

JohnTurtle

New to the site!
Reaction score
I would love to do a match in Oklahoma if civilians are allowed. There are not many team matches around and even less with any fieldcraft.

John Sommers

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would hope that such a match would be open to all shooters. There are some things that LE trains that are not and should not be practiced alongside the general population. A shooting match is not one of them. I enjoy learning and sharing with my fellow LEOs, civilians, military, competition shooters, and even Girl Scouts if it improves shooting abilities.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it also tends to p!ss off LE when they see a civi treat a match like a game, while they view it as training.
Thats probably the crux of the matter.
It would be nice if shooters, from whatever discipline can shoot their own match, regardless of the other participants.
That goes for both types in some ways..

Mainly I think the LE crowd wants to be the Alpha males. They do not want to think that a Civilian is better than them in any way shape fashion or form. It is very similar but a little more pronounced than that of the Marines not wanting to train with the inferior Army. I do find it kind of silly since we can not have a civilian only match.

I almost forgot. For those of you match directors out there in case you have not noticed there are quite a few people that would be interested in something like this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom