Oklahoma Youth Hunting and Shooting Program

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a little late signing in on the hunt that I helped guide. Briaunna is a 13 yr old live wire that is operating on 220v 24/7. I taught her hunter education this summer and watched her mature as we progressed thru the course. She turned out to be a crack shot on the range as well. She wanted to shoot at some long range targets so I set her down on the bench and she proceeded to hit the gong repeatedly at 200+ yards. The youngster was from a broken home who was adopted by a loving caring man who wants to raise her with the social graces, something he never had the opportunity to learn. She heard foxes barking in the chilly night air. She experienced a clear night sky filled with stars something she had never paid attention to. She played hard and hunted hard for 2 days experiencing everything she could. The moment of truth finally came on Friday night when a young buck walked into view on the side of the blind. She was so focused on the buck that she did not notice that the muzzle was not QUITE out of the blind window. Let's just say that we have an enlarged window now. She learned about processing her deer and when it was time to drag it out,NOBODY was allowed to touch her deer. The old man and her were gonna drag that puppy out or have a heart attack trying. Why does the 61 year have to do all the work????? I am not sure that carcass ever touched the ground it was going so fast thru the briars and the brambles in the dark. Then there was the creek crossing in which she just picked that buck up and swung it over the flow. She was on a mission.
The last morning of the hunt while we were riding back from picking up our blinds she handed me a handmade card that she must have made while in the blind. The card read " Mr. George, I'm so glad god led you to me at this point in my life. I just want to say thank you so very much for all you have done for me to get me where I am now. I'm so thankful that words can't discribe the way I feel. God Bless You! Sincerily, Briaunna"

Gentlemen, this is what this organization is all about, changing lives, one child at a time. The rewards that you receive from these children and their parents are endless. Briaunna and her Dad are coming back in the Spring for a turkey hunt and joining our expanding family as volunteers. Several of our parents and their young hunters this year answered the call to help us expand. Will you be next to answer that call?

I will post a picture of the young huntress tomorrow.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a little late signing in on the hunt that I helped guide. Briaunna is a 13 yr old live wire that is operating on 220v 24/7. I taught her hunter education this summer and watched her mature as we progressed thru the course. She turned out to be a crack shot on the range as well. She wanted to shoot at some long range targets so I set her down on the bench and she proceeded to hit the gong repeatedly at 200+ yards. The youngster was from a broken home who was adopted by a loving caring man who wants to raise her with the social graces, something he never had the opportunity to learn. She heard foxes barking in the chilly night air. She experienced a clear night sky filled with stars something she had never paid attention to. She played hard and hunted hard for 2 days experiencing everything she could. The moment of truth finally came on Friday night when a young buck walked into view on the side of the blind. She was so focused on the buck that she did not notice that the muzzle was not QUITE out of the blind window. Let's just say that we have an enlarged window now. She learned about processing her deer and when it was time to drag it out,NOBODY was allowed to touch her deer. The old man and her were gonna drag that puppy out or have a heart attack trying. Why does the 61 year have to do all the work????? I am not sure that carcass ever touched the ground it was going so fast thru the briars and the brambles in the dark. Then there was the creek crossing in which she just picked that buck up and swung it over the flow. She was on a mission.
The last morning of the hunt while we were riding back from picking up our blinds she handed me a handmade card that she must have made while in the blind. The card read " Mr. George, I'm so glad god led you to me at this point in my life. I just want to say thank you so very much for all you have done for me to get me where I am now. I'm so thankful that words can't discribe the way I feel. God Bless You! Sincerily, Briaunna"

Gentlemen, this is what this organization is all about, changing lives, one child at a time. The rewards that you receive from these children and their parents are endless. Briaunna and her Dad are coming back in the Spring for a turkey hunt and joining our expanding family as volunteers. Several of our parents and their young hunters this year answered the call to help us expand. Will you be next to answer that call?

I will post a picture of the young huntress tomorrow.

And now I have to go weld up the moon-craters in it, thanks. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom