Oklahoma Youth Hunting and Shooting Program

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The young lady has changed and matured some this summer while working with me. She looked forward to her experience with great vigor and anticipation. I knew that when the moment of truth came she would be ready to complete the task without hesitation. She did. Over the past several years working with these children, I see them come to me wide eyed and have no idea what to expect. If I have the opportunity to work with them and train them then they become focused on their goal of safe gun handling. When this step is completed then we focus on the gun itself and what we need to know to harvest a deer. After all this being said she walked thru the door, i.e a rite of passage, and now is a young educated huntress that will go on to hunt with her father. The blood on her cheeks indicated the passage. She and her Dad can hunt with me anytime.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Geeeeeeeeeee, how people streeeeeeeeeeetttttttcccccchhhhhhhh the truth on this thread. I don't get the cold beverages because my guests drink all of them and do not offer me even 1. Case in point this past weekend. My guest policy may need to change.

Surjimmy - how could you throw stones at me, maybe we need to go to lunch and discuss. You never know what the future brings, do you?:D

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A point of clarification, the reference to cold beverages in the post earlier this morning was referring to this past weekend blackpowder hunt and NOT during the special youth deer hunt. NO adult beverages are allowed at ANY time at any of the OYH&SP hunt sites. We are role models for these children who watch our every action. I hope that any confusion or misunderstanding that may have been perceived in that post is now clear.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Throw stones 'HAH!" you my friend are addict. I myself have seen you on 2 phones and answer a 3rd call. Besides my eyesight, and arm throw's not what it used to be and your and easy target. You know we love ya, and your buying this time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom