Old pick-up truck in Lake Overholser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
looks to me like its a 73-85 chevy with a stepside bed, but really hard to tell

What ever it is I bet some one has a helluva story... "remember that friday after prom.....

Wouldn't a step side be narrower than the cab? Looks to me like the bed is the same width as the cab.....

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The lip around the bed screams Datsun. But the way the tailgate has that little jump out at the top to go over the taillights is throwing me off. I can't find anything that shows that same style tailgate.

TripleD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been regularly bicycling at Overholser. I've been staying on the west side since the bridge is still blocked by 39th. The west side is really down. Lots of beach. Last month there was quite the stench. I assumed it was the uncovered dead bodies. ;)

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There were two of them in he car. A mother and daughter. My dad went to high school with the daughter at John Marshall. I remember when they found that car my dad joke that it was probably them. He liked to choked when it turned out to be true! That must have been 1990 or 1991.

Yeah I remember now that there were two skeletons inside. I lost many a fishing lure on that car.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, because trucks didn't have retractable seatbelts and bed rails back in the 80's. LOL.

Just busting your chops. It is hard to imagine "the 80's" being 30 years ago isn't it?

It is. That's why I'm bringing them back. Join me. I already gots my Vans, Levi's 501s, and a sweet mullet. Do it.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, because trucks didn't have retractable seatbelts and bed rails back in the 80's. LOL.

Just busting your chops. It is hard to imagine "the 80's" being 30 years ago isn't it?

No kidding. I was watching the MTV version of the Ian Hunter video of "All of the Good Ones Are Taken" with all the lovely 20-something ladies. I got to thinking "Man, those women are now in their 50s. That's OLD! Oh wait, that means I...."

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Old Datsun pickups had that lip around the bed, as did the Chevy Luv. But on the Luv, the tailgate handles were up really high, enough that they'd be shown in that pic.

[Broken External Image]

The bed rails are square tubing, too, which is typical with older trucks.

My money goes on a Datsun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom