• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Old stock tank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I am looking for an old galvanized stock tank. Specifically an oval tank, 5 or 6 ft long, and it does NOT need to hold water. It can have a rusted bottom with holes, as long as it is structurally sound otherwise.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not free unless you can find one but I use about an 80 gallon Deck Storage Box for firewood by the door on the deck. It holds about 2 wheelbarrow loads of wood which lasts us 2-3 days when bad weather hits.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
What about a 55 gallon barrel? If you had one with a lid, you could just stack it in there and close it tight. Or, get an open barrel and cut out the other end? Might not give you the carrying capacity but barrels are easy to find and affordable.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Good suggestions, but something like this is what I would prefer. I have a dead spot right outside the door between the door and my stove pipe where one of these would work great.

IMG_5753.jpeg
IMG_5752.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom