Homelessness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve noticed it being worse this year as well.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the people standing at the intersections asking for money. Are they legit homeless or scammers looking for free money?
Mix of both, majority (2 of 3) are scammers, I believe

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve noticed it being worse this year as well.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the people standing at the intersections asking for money. Are they legit homeless or scammers looking for free money?
Yes (some are homeless, some are scammers, some are both)

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most homeless are either mentally ill or drug addicts or both.
Yep, the feed off each other in a vicious cycle.

We don’t tend to see the homeless without those issues. As they are generally temporary, and due to medical bills, etc. Found out I hade a coworker living out of their car. Would have never guessed.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At this point, I think most all homeless are by choice. There are programs for those in true need and ways to get back into society - as well as MANY people wiling to help those that want to help themselves.

I have personally helped multiple homeless with free shelter and have paid for longterm housing for others; burnt each time by them either destroying the shelter, stolen from or ghosted while trying to help.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps one of the reasons we see so many homelessness people is because “we” encourage it by providing so many things. There are many reasons, divorce, bankruptcy, etc. Some people don’t like to be told to do certain things, they hate authority figures. Then there isn’t so much of a stigma now as there was in earlier years. Why work when you have everything given?
As for the beggars on street corners, I don’t even make eye contact. These people could find some kind of gainful employment if they can make it to a street corner.
amen = feeding pigeons/stray cats will cause them to multiply

Reaction score
Spent a lot of time working at the day center for the homeless in Tulsa and I know they think they are helping folks but they are just enabling their life style. The people that were there the first day we started were the same there when we left. All had pills, weed, meth and booze. It was a big party every day with huge bluetooth speakers and cell phones. Cops drive by while a guy is hitting his meth pipe or taking a dump on your tires and say nothing. They always complained about the free food they received while I’m starving telling myself two more hours till lunch. The conversations I heard made my jaw drop. To us normal folk that enjoy a house and things it seems crazy but a lot of the stuff I heard they seemed to be having fun on some level. I used to feel bad but that experience changed the way I look at the situation.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It does seem to be a larger issue than previous years. I dont give them money but have been known to hand them food or a water bottle out my window. I feel bad for them and dont have a clue about how they landed in this situation but it has gotten extremely bad all over. I have heard the homeless will save for a 1 way ticket to HA and go live there because it's warmer.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Screenshot_20240908_133854_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reaction score
It does seem to be a larger issue than previous years. I dont give them money but have been known to hand them food or a water bottle out my window. I feel bad for them and dont have a clue about how they landed in this situation but it has gotten extremely bad all over. I have heard the homeless will save for a 1 way ticket to HA and go live there because it's warmer.
I’ve heard the beaches are full of homeless camps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom