Homelessness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A guy I used to work with would hand out "goodie bags" with toiletries instead of money. You know, soap, TP, toothpaste, etc...

Almost every single one of them tossed it aside once they realized it wasn't money.

The city I work in has been the subject of a rumor that an abandoned hotel has been converted into free housing. It hasn't, but a well-intentioned fellow has been working on it. Since the rumor came out, the homeless population seems to have exploded. Some of it due to other cities (ahem, Tulsa) bussing people in to take advantage of the "free" housing.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A guy I used to work with would hand out "goodie bags" with toiletries instead of money. You know, soap, TP, toothpaste, etc...

Almost every single one of them tossed it aside once they realized it wasn't money.

The city I work in has been the subject of a rumor that an abandoned hotel has been converted into free housing. It hasn't, but a well-intentioned fellow has been working on it. Since the rumor came out, the homeless population seems to have exploded. Some of it due to other cities (ahem, Tulsa) bussing people in to take advantage of the "free" housing.
Why not just get a job…is it really that difficult? I mean standing by the road begging can’t be a better job than Walmart right?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not just get a job…is it really that difficult? I mean standing by the road begging can’t be a better job than Walmart right?

Pay taxes
Schedule
Be sober
Be told what to do

Some will work 2 - 3 jobs to get by.
The homeless don't care.

News guy for Houston TV done an investigation on the panhandle. Found a guy that had "worked" his corner for 3 years. He had been laid off. Was afraid to tell his Wife. Put on a suit, drove his Mercedes to a gas station and changed clothes. He was MAKING MORE $$$$ than when he worked and his Wife was clueless.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pay taxes
Schedule
Be sober
Be told what to do

The homeless don't care.

News guy for Houston TV done an investigation on the panhandle. Found a guy that had "worked" his corner for 3 years. He had been laid off. Was afraid to tell his Wife. Put on a suit, drove his Mercedes to a gas station and changed clothes. He was MAKING MORE $$$$ than when he worked and his Wife was clueless.
I’m in the wrong profession then

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pay taxes
Schedule
Be sober
Be told what to do

The homeless don't care.

All I have to do is go clean out the chicken shed, wet my hair down with the garden hose and let it air dry (talk about a frizzy mess! 🥵) and walk down to Reno and Council. I could make bank if I let my hair stay frizzy instead of straightening it and took the dogs with me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom