Olive Garden Police Parking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably....I just don't need some to reserve me a spot in order to validate my special snowflake status. I just am...

The "expectant mother" spots are the best. I like parking in them and watching pregnant women have to waddle a few extra feet to get to the door.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no problem with businesses giving perks to individuals or groups. Reserved parking is a nice gesture I guess and if in their parking lot (not public street parking), they can do what they want. For handicapped parking I think there are certain guidelines set in statute but I'm not aware of these rules applying to other groups. But there's also a lot I'm not aware of.
I'm not bashing cops or those giving them perks. Like I said it's a nice gesture but if I received a citation or my vehicle was towed as a result of parking in police parking spot at OG, I'd be upset and probably have to fight the charge in court. It would also be the last time I visited that OG.
ETA:
Or WM Neighborhood Market

Last edited:

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no problem with businesses giving perks to individuals or groups. Reserved parking is a nice gesture I guess and if in their parking lot (not public street parking), they can do what they want. For handicapped parking I think there are certain guidelines set in statute but I'm not aware of these rules applying to other groups. But there's also a lot I'm not aware of.
I'm not bashing cops or those giving them perks. Like I said it's a nice gesture but if I received a citation or my vehicle was towed as a result of parking in police parking spot at OG, I'd be upset and probably have to fight the charge in court. It would also be the last time I visited that that OG.

I'd be curious to know if a citation can be written. I'm not aware of any laws other than handicap parking. I'm guessing the business owner could ask the driver to move his vehicle. If the driver refuses to move it, I guess the business owner could have a tow truck move it.

Maybe someone with a legal background will come along and clear this up.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll just go ahead and call B.S. on cops ticketing a car parked in a cops only parking spot on private property.

I take that back. I can totally see a cop doing it, but that doesn't mean it would hold up to scrutiny.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure a property owner could have a vehicle towed but would be bad for business I'd think.
For reserved cop parking at OG, I can see the need to get as close as possible for the all you can eat bread sticks. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom