Hobbies/collections you kinda stumbled into unexpectedly...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had these for a while, back when my belt was leather and no gut hanging over it, no longer used. :D.
Some mean a lot to me, and some are limited edition. The middle Coors is about my favorite, made in the USA and has a built in bottle opener on the back, bought at the brewery.

buckles 8:28:22 copy.jpeg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have lots of things I collect. Vintage 22 ammo boxes, other vintage ammo, knives etc. the one that I enjoy the most is one I do with my wife. Italian micro mosaic jewelry. We bought our first piece in Hawaii in 1987.
7067CBA3-EBEE-4D2F-8C6B-32CF65A2917C.jpeg

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Army brat? Or Air Force
My dad was was stationed at Machinato. I was a cub scout during that time frame. We went to the elementary school 72-74.
Navy, my father was stationed at Camp Torii with the NSGA, we lived right up the road from Torii for a short while until we got base housing at Naha. It was a great childhood and I still remember leaving the island and looking back thru my window on the airplane out at that tiny island we called home. Lot's of protests outside the base at Naha and we could see the people lining the base fence's on a regular basis, They would blare the loudspeakers right at base housing for hours.

I went back numerous times as an adult while stationed at NAS Atsugi on the mainland of Japan, it was different as an adult visiting Kadena and Whisper Alley, we could not gain access to the E Club on Kadena as they had a very strict "NO SAILOR" rule, it was hilarious to me as that would have been the last choice for this 18 year old Sailor.

Spider27monkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Navy, my father was stationed at Camp Torii with the NSGA, we lived right up the road from Torii for a short while until we got base housing at Naha. It was a great childhood and I still remember leaving the island and looking back thru my window on the airplane out at that tiny island we called home. Lot's of protests outside the base at Naha and we could see the people lining the base fence's on a regular basis, They would blare the loudspeakers right at base housing for hours.

I went back numerous times as an adult while stationed at NAS Atsugi on the mainland of Japan, it was different as an adult visiting Kadena and Whisper Alley, we could not gain access to the E Club on Kadena as they had a very strict "NO SAILOR" rule, it was hilarious to me as that would have been the last choice for this 18 year old Sailor.
I have not been back since i was a kid. I watched a youtube video recently of a guy walking around the area where the school was. Of course there were a bunch of changes in scenery, but it still kind of had a familiar vibe. I also found a aerial view of the old housing neighborhood online and was able to pick out the house we lived in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom