Why didn't anyone warn me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a 20" blackstone griddle and an 22" pellet stove we take in our RV. Both are used as each has their own purpose. Even made smoked ribs on the blackstone griddle that won a little competition among our group.
I retired three years before the wife and couldn't see not taking over the cooking.
Actually, enjoy it. My parents had my sister and I make breakfast after Church when she was 9 and I was 8. Stood on wood boxes to get high enough.
There is so much information and recipes on the internet currently, that it's impossible to not be a good cook.
Speaking of the Blackstone griddle, I found this gem of cast aluminum that sits on the grill of the pellet stove.
Cranked the temp up to 400*, let it soak the heat and put bacon on it. Shut the lid and had a quick fry.
Then on to Oklahoma onion burger that turned out incredible with some deer burgers.

IMG_3106.jpeg

That looks good! I am learning so much! Like making pizza, on a griddle, outside. It is interesting! I guess we need to start a whole Blackstone recipe thread.

I keep meaning to take pictures of what we cook, but then everything starts coming together and it is FAST!

Dennis, ok, I am going to have to find the smoked ribs, and surprise my wife with them one day! That sounds good.

My mom's idea of me learning to cook was grilled cheese and scrambled eggs. I luckily had a great friend when I went to OSU for that one year who taught me how to cook some. My ex-wife was a horrible cook, and she hated anything I made except on the grill, so I never really learned anymore, until I got divorced.

I have a round dome and a square dome, and both are about the same size (13 inches.) I need to get the smaller square domes since it is a 22 inch griddle. Doesn't leave a lot of room to cook anything else when using the dome. Thinking my wife will keep me.
The trick to smoking ribs on the blackstone 20" is to get one with the high dome lid.
Get a cheap warming grate that's about 11" wide or less that's about 1/2" off the grill surface.
Prep the ribs just as one would do on a smoker, cutting the slab in half as a full won't fit.
Put them on one side, using the very lowest heat setting on the other side for indirect cooking.
Get on Amazon and buy a cheap 6" smoke tube that one fills with wood pellets, lets burn for about 10 minutes and then blow out the fire. It will smoke for about 6 hours. Not heavy smoke either. Very light smoke taste. While cooking, on low, the temps under the hood will run about 250 degrees, so a three hour cook uncovered will make some really tender ribs with a beautiful color.
They won't be fall off the bone which I don't like. A rib should have a little bite but leave a clean bone for the perfect rib.
Fall off the bone is nothing more than pulled pork.

Latest posts

Top Bottom