One in the Chamber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Hughes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Condition one, if you have to draw your gun, you will almost certainly not have time to rack the gun.

Also, your support hand may be otherwise occupied.

If one in the chamber worries you, carry a gun with a safety and train with it until using the safety is complete second nature...

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No stats but I would bet money that 99.9% of the time most people would need to draw their gun that there would be ample time to rack. Then again.....theres always that 0.1% that can get you.

Coz

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're kidding right SoonerATC? You've been around here long enough to know we've only had a couple hundred threads on this very subject....what're you trying to pull? LOL.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there any tactical gear can allow you to rack the gun with one hand? I saw a trainer did that with his tactical outfit.

It's called a "rear sight". Hook it on the edge of your jeans pocket, belt, or whatever else might be available. Not a particularly safe move under the best of conditions - so practice, practice, and practice some more with snap caps before ever trying it with live ammo. Really more of an emergency maneuver than any kind of substitute for carrying one in the pipe.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just to be safe, I also take the battery out of the vehicles each night. . .don't want them starting up on their own! I figure that if I need one of them, I'll have plenty of time to install the battery.

Latest posts

Top Bottom