Online Check station

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corbinlee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that you will be able to check your deer online this year??
I think it is pretty cool, but do see that it could cause some issues with the dishonest hunter.
But I guees if they are going to lie there then they will probably lie or not check the deer with our traditional system.
anyway just wanted to get you guys' thoughts on our new system.
DD

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it will be great. We did not have a check station in Stillwater last year and it was a pain in the rear to check in deer. Our herd does not need the protection that it once did to make sure we got a good deer population. Now we need to thin them out and they are really encouraging shooting does. We kill way more deer each year now in OK than existed in the state when I started hunting deer. I say it is a great idea.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very interesting. This will make things a little easier. Although, I will miss hitting my check in station to pick up some pickled sausages for the ride home. :(

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/regs/deerregs.htm

Checking

All deer must be checked at the nearest open hunter check station, with an authorized Department employee or online at wildlifedepartment.com.

Once checked, the deer will be issued a carcass tag or an online confirmation number. This tag or number must remain with the carcass to its final destination or through processing and/or storage at commercial processing or storage facilities.

Carcasses may be checked in quartered with the sex organs naturally attached and head accompanying the carcass.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunt in deer hunter city, so there is a check station everywhere there is a buisness pretty much. I usually enjoy going so I can glance at the logbook and BS with locals.

What we need is a phone check in, if all we have is an online and physical, alot of the physicals might quit doing it. The I would have to drive home to print one off.

With a phone system, touch tone, enter sex, weight and points, get a tag# to write down and your set!

It's nice to have options though, I have friends that hunt miles and miles from check stations. This will be nice for them.

I guess they will put the form up on the site when the season opens?

Latest posts

Top Bottom