Online Check station

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Think you're right Dennis. But it is always part of the hunt to stop by the local check station and see what the other folks bring in. But, it sure will save some gas not having to drive 20+ miles to check in a deer.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have plenty of stations around where I hunt, but its always fun to hang around and see what everybody else is bringing in. The check station in Lamont Ok is pretty awesome. It seems like the hunters must call the families, and they all show up when the hunter get in to weigh their deer. Ton of pictures taken.:D Thats the way deer hunting is supposed to be:D

beer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used the online check-in Sunday night. We hunt deep in the woods on some public land. Long walk in, even longer drag out. No motorized vehicles allowed. By the time we got it back to the truck we were pressed for time as it's about an hour from home. My hunting partner and fellow officer works the night shift and had squad meeting at 10:45.

Only check station open we could find was around Sapulpa. Close, but still way out of our way considering we were in my truck and he had to get back. I remembered seeing the online check option and called my brother-in-law to verify I wasn't making it up in my head. He did so I dropped my partner off and headed to the house where I checked it in online.

It was a really nice option to have. I missed not getting to have it weighed though. Not required data online. Printed my carcass tag, zipped it to the leg and took it for processing this morning.

As for those dishonest folks, I don't think it'll be any worse than it was before. You still won't legally get it processed or mounted. Also you still need to comply with requirements of tagging it in the field, which the dishonest man won't.

If I have the option I would still go to a check station first. However, this is a great service provided by the Dept. of Wildlife and I'll use it again if needed.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad to see this development. The Check stations serve as a valuable management tool but they're mostly closed on Thanksgiving day.
But on any day it always seemed absurd that I should drive twenty miles to show some bored and disinterested individual that I shot a deer.

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I shot a doe right at dark last thursday evening. By the time we found her and dressed her out, it was 10:00. I pulled out my iphone and checked her in while sitting in the truck warming up. It was really easy to use.

Hog Shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to have the weight also. Its part of the hunting ritual for my uncle his son and myself to guess the weight the one closest without going over has to buy cokes for the group. So I took a young lad into the woods put into a hot stand and he killed this doe right at the end of the evening, we drag it to the four wheeler load it up in the truck at camp and take it to my uncles house to skin it and quarter it to put in the freezer. My uncle started giving the weight, I said "well it aint goin to do no good cause we cant weigh it." Then he pulls out a new moultrie scale set! and of course the old man missed it by 2lbs. I guessed to heavy by 5 and my cousin went over by 2. The online feature works great for us. I do like Mo. the telecheck is very user friendly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom