Online Check station

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice addition. We have our own check station on the DMAP. We have to weigh each animal, and pull a jaw. The jaw gets a tag also.
Missouri has the telecheck system, where you use the phone to call in and they give you a number to attach to the animal.

Abe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now all we need are kiosks with internet access on state maintained lands.

I don't know about the rest of you but I don't have immediate access to the internet where I hunt, heck sometimes you have to go up on a hill to get good reception on a cell. If I can make it work I would certainly use it. It's not always convenient to drive to the check station each time someone bags a deer ,but it seems like the drive to the check station has become part of the deer harvest ritual... show off you harvest, b.s. with the others and hear what they've been seeing, grab a cold drink and what not.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree that we should have a "telecheck". Ive seen fist-hand how a telecheck system works if setup properly, it worked really well for the agency and was accepted by the public. Not sure how the online will pan out.

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that we should have a "telecheck". Ive seen fist-hand how a telecheck system works if setup properly, it worked really well for the agency and was accepted by the public. Not sure how the online will pan out.
I have hunted deer in Missouri and used their telecheck system even as a non-resident.The only problem was finding good reception for the cell phone.much easier to do on an evening hunt because most check stations around my lease close at 6:00 p.m. so it's a pain to find one open without having to drive 50 miles to get to one open.

corbinlee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I to thought about the access of the net while hunting, but thought I could always call my wife or a budy back home and have them check it on the net and give me the confirmation # and I put it on the deer, or if I get real fancy between now and hunting season maybe I can get me one of those internet phones:P

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am thinking we will still have to put our name and license number on the deer till we get them home or somewhere we can access a computer. Just like what I have had to do for years with the lifetime license. I usually just punch a hole in my business card and wire it to the deer and write my license number on it till I get to the check station and get a carcass tag.

OKC MAD COW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All we need now is a dept of wildlife iPhone App.

I took a deer right at dusk two years ago in McAlester on a Sunday evening. Had to stay the night since there was not a check-in open anywhere. Was not about to drive back to Edmond with it and you have to check it in the same county. Phone or internet would have been real nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom