Only YOU Can Protect Net Neutrality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HonkyTonkHale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, I will say that I work for AT&T, but that does not mean that I am against Net Neutrality because of my employer. I have watched this "Net Neutrality" since the beginning when someone made up a problem (that did not and does not exist) and claim the only way to avoid restrictions on the www is to add government regulation. This is not a "Net Neutrality" movement, but one of "Net Regulation". There has always been telecom agreements not to restrict bandwidth on any sites, and there is not an instance of a breach of these agreements. People are only saying "what if" and the only way to stop it is if the government has control.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Today the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), a non-elected federal government agency, voted three-to-two to reclassify broadband Internet as a common carrier service under Title II of the Communications Act. This means that – without the vote of Congress, the peoples’ branch of government – a federal agency now claims the power to regulate the Internet. I am surprised that even among civil liberties groups, some claim the federal government increasing regulation of the Internet somehow increases our freedom and liberty.

The truth is very different. The adoption of these FCC rules on the Internet represents the largest regulatory power grab in recent history. The FCC’s newly adopted rule takes the most dynamic means of communication and imposes the regulatory structure designed for public utilities. Federal regulation could also open the door to de facto censorship of ideas perceived as threatening to the political class – ideas like the troops should be brought home, the PATRIOT Act should be repealed, military spending and corporate welfare should be cut, and the Federal Reserve should be audited and ended.

The one bright spot in this otherwise disastrous move is that federal regulations making it more difficult to use the Internet will cause more Americans to join our movement for liberty, peace, and prosperity. The federal government should keep its hands off of the Internet!
Copyright © 2015 by RonPaul Institute. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit and a live link are given.

Umm you didn't give a "live" link, therefore you are guilty of a copyright violation as is OKS.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We are literally asking the government (FCC) to fix a problem that does not exist by voluntarily giving them regulatory power over the Internet.

The problem may not exist yet, but it is a potential problem that Corporations are very eager to exploit and dominate.

The Govt, our Govt has a responsibility to act. Lawsuits have been and will be filed and heard in a Govt court. That kinda gives them a reason to act.....whether we like it or not.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, I will say that I work for AT&T, but that does not mean that I am against Net Neutrality because of my employer. I have watched this "Net Neutrality" since the beginning when someone made up a problem (that did not and does not exist) and claim the only way to avoid restrictions on the www is to add government regulation. This is not a "Net Neutrality" movement, but one of "Net Regulation". There has always been telecom agreements not to restrict bandwidth on any sites, and there is not an instance of a breach of these agreements. People are only saying "what if" and the only way to stop it is if the government has control.

If the problem doesn't exist why do we have instances of companies doing very the things that NN proponents warn about?

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/net-neutrality-violations-history/

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to registering with the government in order be allowed to download my personalized crypto key that allows me the privilege of using the Internet. Afterall, it's now a public utility and the government has a legitimate need to monitor my every move online, and to restrict the sites that aren't good for me.

Way to go, libtards. Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom