Open Carry and Midwest City PD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Siglawmen

Why anyone need to open carry at McDonalds when they are buying the kids Happy Meals is just plain stupid. There is no need for that. Carry where appropriate and you'll never have any problems. If you're carrying everywhere "just because you can" then you're probably suffering for the little pecker syndrome. There is treatment for that.

You have every reason to carry, anywhere that a threat could be deemed possible you should have a sidearm on. IMO

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why anyone need to open carry at McDonalds when they are buying the kids Happy Meals is just plain stupid. There is no need for that. Carry where appropriate and you'll never have any problems. If you're carrying everywhere "just because you can" then you're probably suffering for the little pecker syndrome. There is treatment for that.
To me there is no safe place anymore. Churches and and movie theaters used to be deemed safe.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Carrying a firearm in the open and not having a valid license is not the same thing as checking to see if everyone has a valid DL.

Yup, one is a right, and the other is a priviledge. Hmmm, what is wrong with this statement? Too much paranoia on both sides. Gun Rights people are paranoid that someone will hassle them, and LEO are paranoid that they should be checking every open carry.

Really? Do you think the majority of bad guys are going to advertise, Seriously?

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I personally think it would be a waste of LEO's time to check everyone who is open carrying to verify that have a permit, and once everyone is used to things, I really doubt this is going to happen. With that said, since some people will have a license and some people will not, if a LEO suspects someone does not have a license then I would say they have a right to verify.

What I'd like to see if well dressed professionals open carrying in a way that makes the sheep become accustomed to seeing sidearms and less panicky about it.

What I don't want to see is a bunch of "I'm doin' it cuz I can" type people who normally would scare the sheep due to their appearance throwing on the scariest gun(s) they can for dramatic effect. I don't think that will help any of us or gun rights. I really don't want to see a bunch of places putting up gun buster signs because of poor judgement.

Thanks,

Alan

O

Onequickfiveoh

I'm so sick of open carry and its not even Fall yet. Who cares if a cop asks for your license? Just show it to him or her and go on with your day. The people who keep worrying about the cops "infringing their rights" are just as bad as the anti gun crowd.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Glad I'm not the only one who slept in civics class.:rolleyes2

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why anyone need to open carry at McDonalds when they are buying the kids Happy Meals is just plain stupid. There is no need for that. Carry where appropriate and you'll never have any problems.

Although I will not be open carrying, I would open carry at McDonald's when buying my kid a Happy Meal for the same exact reason I currently carry concealed at McDonald's while buying my kid a Happy Meal. Last I checked, McDonald's hasn't offered a 100% guarantee on my safety and survival while patronizing their stores.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You really stepped into it with this post. Perhaps you could share with others your enlightened list of places it is "appropriate" to carry for self protection purposes. My wife asked if there was a syndrome and associated treatment for women who carried "just because they could"?

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't really have a dog in this fight since I live in Texas, but my family does own a house and land in Alfalfa county. I make several trips a year up through Oklahoma, and I always have a gun on me and Texas CHL in my wallet.

I sincerely hope that the attitude expressed by the cops on this thread is a majority opinion, but I live in an area where the cop mindset is "us against them" and always assume that of all LEO's until proven otherwise.

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rather than speculate, I'm just going to wait until November to see what happens. All the speculation about what's going to happen is pretty funny. Lets just wait and see how the cops react to it. I bet all this is much ado about nothing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom