Open Carry and Midwest City PD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rather than speculate, I'm just going to wait until November to see what happens. All the speculation about what's going to happen is pretty funny. Lets just wait and see how the cops react to it. I bet all this is much ado about nothing.

I agree but threads built on "rumors" seem to draw more flies.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I knew where the biggest threat of encountering criminal activity was, I'd just choose not to go there. Because my crystal ball is on the fritz, I decided I'd better just carry everywhere I go.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, it's not a big deal, unless you have something to hide. I've got nothing to worry about so have at it. Hell if they are bored come the hell over to my house. It wouldn't bother me. But then again I stay on the right side of the law and don't get bothered to begin with. Just my two cents. It's always people looking for a fight who get one. Then make a big public scene that could have been avoided.

Just because a person has nothing to hide does not mean they should be required to give up their rights.

That being said, because you may beat the rap but not the ride, I will personally comply with the request and follow up with a 4A complaint to the department as well as work with other groups and legislators to try and get the law changed

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm so sick of open carry and its not even Fall yet. Who cares if a cop asks for your license? Just show it to him or her and go on with your day. The people who keep worrying about the cops "infringing their rights" are just as bad as the anti gun crowd.

So as long as we work on improving our 2A rights, we should let the others go???

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rather than speculate, I'm just going to wait until November to see what happens. All the speculation about what's going to happen is pretty funny. Lets just wait and see how the cops react to it. I bet all this is much ado about nothing.

The whole point of this thread was that earlier this year the Assistant Police Chief of Midwest City said they would be checking everyone who was OC for a permit and they would be considered a suspicious person. A few weeks ago, I heard rumor that MWCPD was going to cite anyone OC for disorderly conduct, a clear violation of the law. So I called and talked to them about it for clarification. I then posted how the conversation went and how I interpreted the conversation. This was not an attack against MWCPD or any other LEA. Simply the facts of how the agency is going to respond when they see someone OC.

Many cities and district attorneys are trying to figure out how they are going to handle the potential for 4A violations. They (the attorneys) see this as a possible issue for their cities and they know it exists, so it's not just trouble makers wanting to make LEO and cities look like jerks.

I don't see how some people are OK fighting for some rights but not all of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom