Open Carry passes, what do you carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ya know, as alluded to above, come to think of it, this will actually legitimize the IPSC/USPSA type speed rigs as being an actual tool, and not just a piece of gamesmanship, now won't it? :)

May have to get that tricked, comped, ESD'ed, 2-stacked 6" STI in 9x23 after all!

Here's a thought: Regardless of whether you change gats or not, I'll bet a LOT of us, including me, will go from IWB to OWB carry, for the comfort factor. Or from SmartCarry, pocket carry, etc., to OWB, for both comfort and more-user-friendly-g-and-more-powerful-gun reasons.

Perfect carry for me will be an OWB paddle holster, so that I can take it on and off quicklywhen going into government buildings, etc.

I would probably start carrying my Taurus 24/7 OSS-DS in .45 in its Gould & Goodrich OWB paddle. Or a 1911 in one of several holsters.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will probably get a good leather OWB holster with retention for my Beretta 92 for the comfort factor. I will still keep it concealed for most situations.

Or maybe get a Sig 556 pistol. :wink2:

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I dont have a good OC holster other than what I carry around the farm. If I do choose to open carry I would probably go with the Beretta 92fs, its the gun Im most comfortable with. Concealed Ill stick with the S&W.

I can't believe, in all this discussion about open carry, that it has JUST now hit me that I could open carry my 92f! However, even with that considered, I'll most likely continue to CCW my SR9c.

Reaction score
Ya know, I *DO* love the shoulder rigs, being a child of the 70s and 80s, and yes, a fan of Harry Calahan and Sonny Crocker.

And yes, I do have an awesome shoulder rig in the form of a Bianchi "Speed-Quik", with a pistol to go in it.

But still probably wouldn't carry this often, because (1) it's still heavier / more cumbersome than a simple strong side rig, and (2) it really calls attention to you, and makes people think (rightly or wrongly) that you're a big poser if you're not an LEO, and (3) it doesn't fit cleanly and neatly into the pickup truck safe bolted to the floorboard, for those times when you take it off to go into the courthouse or whathaveyou.

Latest posts

Top Bottom