Open Carry passes, what do you carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I will continue to carry concealed...but If i did carry open it would only be a 1911 strapped to my side in the 3 o'clock position with a good pancake or paddle holster with some kind of retention. Open carry without a retention holster is just plain stupid.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will probably carry my 1911 (full sized) in my old time Bianchi Pistol Pocket... and just won't be so phobic about covering up all the time.

I have been in public before with a gun butt showing from a IWB ... and a solid 99% of people exposed never "saw" anything. The other 1 % did not incite a riot over a exposed pistol.

For a belt gun I favor some max capacity hardware.. but a J frame is very discrete carried IWB if you blouse a full cut dress shirt tail over the butt. Again...pevious experience tells me that 99% of the time no one will notice that you reached up and exposed the gun.
The J frame that rides in a pocket holster (tactically equal to a sharp stick IMHO) will probably see some daylight as a semi-concealed gun... along with a 3 inch K frame that's been underused since I moved to Oklahoma.
During the fall/winter.. a couple of long neglected K frames and other pistols will get carried OWB in thumb break leather... I favor short jackets and always worried about "peek-a-boo" when fitted out OWB.

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Assuming Henry signs it, which I hope he does:

I see no reason to open carry unless I'm going to or from the range or the hunting spot. I'll just carry my G30 in my uncle mikes paddle holster in that situation.

For 99% of my carry I'll do what I do now: G30 in a Sidearmor IWB. I just wont worry so much about covering it up. I normally wear a t-shirt to cover it and have never had much concern unless reaching or bending over a lot.

If a situation arises where someone needs to know I'm carrying, I can simply move my shirt so the gun is exposed.

The first time I see someone carrying in a tactical thigh rig I fully intend to openly laugh at them.

P35

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll just be glad I don't have to worry about the wind blowing my cover open. Or have to cover up to walk out to the mail box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom