Open carry weapons, holsters & license display!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread is just getting funny. I do believe that after the first month things will calm down and people will OC less and police will have more data to go by as far as indicators of who to ID and who not to ID. You will also have to realize that you may not have seen it, however some person in aisle #3 at wal mart told the police officer that just walked in that you had a gun. At that point it is his duty to check if you are legally in possession of the gun. During the first months of OC it could honestly happen more than once a day. Dont make and A@@ out of yourself in public if it happens, you will not win at that moment. To some of the public you are going to be one of two things, the quiet calm polite citizen with a gun or some jerk off that cements their belief in citizens not owning or carrying guns.

Anyway back slightly on topic is there any kind of regulation/rules/whatever you want to call it concerning holsters? For example will you be required to have a "full" holster like a serpa or one of those two pieces of leather that only cover the trigger guard holsters?

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The law says you have to display a handgun license upon demand of a law enforcement officer. It also says you can be cuffed, stuffed, disarmed and fined if you don't. So why would anyone act like a jerk off in Walmart? Just to get arrested?

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A, E, I, O, U...

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_My_20Pistolas_20__20May_202012_Ruger_064_001.jpg

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_My_20Pistolas_20__20May_202012_Ruger_037_001.jpg

Sometimes Y...

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_My_20Pistolas_20__20May_202012_IMG_5278_001.jpg

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread is just getting funny. I do believe that after the first month things will calm down and people will OC less and police will have more data to go by as far as indicators of who to ID and who not to ID. You will also have to realize that you may not have seen it, however some person in aisle #3 at wal mart told the police officer that just walked in that you had a gun. At that point it is his duty to check if you are legally in possession of the gun. During the first months of OC it could honestly happen more than once a day. Dont make and A@@ out of yourself in public if it happens, you will not win at that moment. To some of the public you are going to be one of two things, the quiet calm polite citizen with a gun or some jerk off that cements their belief in citizens not owning or carrying guns.

The bolded part is incorrect. Police have no duty to protect any given individual and they also have no duty to check your permit. They may, but absent a crime, they really don't have to do anything. This is like saying, "Officer...there is a guy driving...better make sure he has a license to do that"

Anyway back slightly on topic is there any kind of regulation/rules/whatever you want to call it concerning holsters? For example will you be required to have a "full" holster like a serpa or one of those two pieces of leather that only cover the trigger guard holsters?

There are some mild rules. Here is the text of the law regarding the issue:
Title 21 said:
“Unconcealed handgun” means a loaded or unloaded pistol
carried upon the person in a belt or shoulder holster that is wholly
or partially visible, or carried upon the person in a scabbard or
case designed for carrying firearms that is wholly or partially
visible;

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread was started so people could show off pictures of their weapons & holsters that they will be wearing for open carry.. in order to give others a idea of what kinds of holsters are available for various weapons. Someone else may be considering using a similar set-up as you... and appreciate a view of what it looks like. If you want to cuss & discuss the open carry law.. there is already a thread for that. Try to limit this thread to pics of your planned open carry set-up and related discussions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom