Opinion: Yes, the Tea Party and Palin Do Deserve Criticism

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WTH? I simply posted an article like many other people do. Should they all do better?

Gotta say I'm with JB on this one. All he did was post an article for debate. So, let's debate the article, and not personally attack one another. It would help to have a link to the article though.

jdagreek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the OP fails to understand the past threats and hyperbole coming from the left. What do those who have done all the legislative engineering over the last 30 years think that people will react?

Burn the flag, they don't care and encourage. Attack prayer in schools, they do it. Attack every thing that the everyday citizen in this country believes in and they wonder why there are those who would retaliate against them.

I don't condone violence against this countries politicians. I don't believe that this act was likely perpetrated by anyone associated with the Tea Party. The people most likely to say such are those who used the most vicious rhetoric against the Tea Party from the get go.

Personally, I believe we are moving closer and closer to the day when you see mainstream America stand up and revolt. There is only so much taking away basic freedoms before the mainstream stands up and fights back.

As Thomas Jefferson said "there is nothing wrong with a revolution every few years."

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both sides are using it because both sides have been looking for a reason. I suspect that this just may go down in history as the first shot fired. It just may get ugly realy fast.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think anything he saw or read was the cause of what he did. I think it's possible that something he read was the final trigger, but if it were, then it would have been something else next week or the week after.

But I am SICK to DEATH of the way politics have been conducted in this country for the last 20 years or so. SICK of it. And while I won't entertain for a moment the idea that some silly computer graphic put up by Sarah Palin on her website is responsible for this, I am DAMNED glad that there's public attention on this subject. Also, I will not shed a single tear if everyone involved tones it down as a result of all the attention. Not one tear.

Well come to think of it, when Timmy McVeigh blew up the Murrah building, the .gov sure turned down their rhetoric against the people. Everyone knew he did it because he was angry at the .gov for suppressing or trampling the rights of the people. Of course, no one wanted to admit that the .gov was acting wrongly.

Now the question is, if the rhetoric gets toned down because of what this dirtbag did, it may prove he's right. The obvious question after that is, do we really want to teach fringe nutjobs that their spectacular acts of violence are effective?

This country is already well on the road to hell. If we keep giving positive reinforcement to these fringe elements, it's gonna get a whole lot worse, a whole lot faster. :(

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
huh... Palin is the most recognizable figure connected to the Tea Party.
like it or not... true or false, that's what a LOT of folks think.

Luckily for the Tea Party, it doesn't matter how many people think anything.

Palin is a liberal Republican, the Tea Party is a limited-issue conservative interest group. They are not only not related, but are diametrically opposed to eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom