Opinions on CCW's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any opinions on which of the following measures up better than the others. I like what I've read about the Kahr. Want a Light and THIN CCW.

1) Kahr P9 or PM9
2) Walther PPS
3) Taurus PT709
4) Glock 26
5) Kel-Tec PF-9
6) Other???

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a G26. Thin is not one of the words I would use to describe it. Neither is light. Shot a Kahr PM9 at the last eat and shoot. Very nice shooting pistol and was tiny compared to my 26.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm becoming a huge fan of the Sig P228 or P229 - I would have said P239 before I sold mine and got a P228, but the Sigs seem to carry better than the Glocks or XDs (both fairly fat guns) and you have 15rds capacity in a double-stack mag on the 228/229 vs a single stack 8rds in the 239 (most of the single-stacks you listed is around 7-8rds). The P239 isn't thin enough to only have 8rds in it (IMHO). I barely noticed any difference in size (once in the holster) between the 239 and the 228.

CZ's RAMI is pretty thin (single-stack). The S&W M&P compact is probably in between a Glock and Kahr but it gives you a double-stack mag.

If you're looking at the Kahrs, I'd look at the K9 (steel frame) - I know most folks who carry like light, but to me I like the added weight for recoil management and quicker follow-up shots more so than light-weight carry.

BTW, if you're planning on using +P+ rounds, I'd steer clear of anything made by Taurus or Keltec.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm becoming a huge fan of the Sig P228 or P229 - I would have said P239 before I sold mine and got a P228, but the Sigs seem to carry better than the Glocks or XDs (both fairly fat guns) and you have 15rds capacity in a double-stack mag on the 228/229 vs a single stack 8rds in the 239 (most of the single-stacks you listed is around 7-8rds). The P239 isn't thin enough to only have 8rds in it (IMHO). I barely noticed any difference in size (once in the holster) between the 239 and the 228.

CZ's RAMI is pretty thin (single-stack). The S&W M&P compact is probably in between a Glock and Kahr but it gives you a double-stack mag.

If you're looking at the Kahrs, I'd look at the K9 (steel frame) - I know most folks who carry like light, but to me I like the added weight for recoil management and quicker follow-up shots more so than light-weight carry.

BTW, if you're planning on using +P+ rounds, I'd steer clear of anything made by Taurus or Keltec.

Thanks.....very helpful

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my M&P9c's size. The PPS feels really good, but isn't small enough, for me, to justify the single stack. I echo the comment about avoiding kel-tec/taurus for +P.

Latest posts

Top Bottom