Opinions on CCW's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any opinions on which of the following measures up better than the others. I like what I've read about the Kahr. Want a Light and THIN CCW.

1) Kahr P9 or PM9
2) Walther PPS
3) Taurus PT709
4) Glock 26
5) Kel-Tec PF-9
6) Other???

Of the guns you listed, I would go with either one of the Kahrs. The G26 is a great gun but definitely does not fit the thin requirement.

I know you said you prefer a 9mm, but have you considered an S&W Airweight revolver? Very light, very thin except for the cylinder, easy to conceal, .38+P is a very adequate round, and more reliable than any semi-auto. You do give up a little on capacity. My main CCW is a S&W 642 and it works very well for me.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of the guns you listed, I would go with either one of the Kahrs. The G26 is a great gun but definitely does not fit the thin requirement.

I know you said you prefer a 9mm, but have you considered an S&W Airweight revolver? Very light, very thin except for the cylinder, easy to conceal, .38+P is a very adequate round, and more reliable than any semi-auto. You do give up a little on capacity. My main CCW is a S&W 642 and it works very well for me.

Yea, I have a good friend that carry's a S&W 38+P Airweight. He loves it. Will probably look at one. A little concerned about the aluminum frame.

Tom K

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of the guns listed, I like the Kel-Tec PF-9. It's certainly light and thin, and a good value. I have to confess though that the gun I actually carry most of the time is a Kel-Tec P-32 - the gun you have beats the gun you leave at home, and the P-32 is an anytime gun.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I normally carry a LWT commander and it prints less than my G26 in a VM2. Love the gun, but it's not just thin or light. I have a PM9 that I picked up recently and I really like it. +P ammo is not bad at all. TRYING to find some 147 to test out but no luck as of yet.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any opinions on which of the following measures up better than the others. I like what I've read about the Kahr. Want a Light and THIN CCW.

1) Kahr P9 or PM9
2) Walther PPS
3) Taurus PT709
4) Glock 26
5) Kel-Tec PF-9
6) Other???

If you can afford it, go with the Kahr, If money is a little tighter go with the PF9

Euclid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the PPS is the best CCW on the list (as a function of size, reliability, accuracy and ergonomics).

However, when it came time for me to purchase a CCW, I opted for the PF-9. It's not anywhere near the quality of many of the other pistols on the list, but it has been reliable and very concealable and I don't have to worry about sweating and scratching a $279 pistol as much as I would with a >$600 PPS.

bralph33

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know its old fashioned, some dont like it, for me in Spring,Summer,Fall,Winter, I carry my Colt 45 1911, it might be Government 5'' ,it might be Lt Wt Commander 4.25, but its a 1911 made by Colt haveing an affair with Ed Brown or Clarke Custom

Latest posts

Top Bottom