Opinions on CCW's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The key is a good holster and belt. Fact of the matter is that a loaded 9M double stack magazine is heavy even before you add the gun. I carried a Glock 26 for years but switched over to a Sig last year simply because I can shoot it better than the Glock. It would be a good idea to shoot several of the guns you are interested in before you buy. One more thing, I suggest you stick to one platform for concealed carry.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The key is a good holster and belt. Fact of the matter is that a loaded 9M double stack magazine is heavy even before you add the gun. I carried a Glock 26 for years but switched over to a Sig last year simply because I can shoot it better than the Glock. It would be a good idea to shoot several of the guns you are interested in before you buy. One more thing, I suggest you stick to one platform for concealed carry.

Can I ask a stupid question? What do you mean by one platform?

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can I ask a stupid question? What do you mean by one platform?

If you decide to carry a Glock, carry a Glock all the time. For example some people carry a Glock 26 in the summer and a Glock 17 in the winter (a full size gun is generally easier to conceal with heavier clothing). I always cringe when people talk about their carry gun "rotation" and carry a different gun as the mood strikes them.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Taurus and like the size very much. It shoots easier than the kel-tec and not quite as easy as the M&P 9c. I'd be glad to let you shoot it some time.

B

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you decide to carry a Glock, carry a Glock all the time. For example some people carry a Glock 26 in the summer and a Glock 17 in the winter (a full size gun is generally easier to conceal with heavier clothing). I always cringe when people talk about their carry gun "rotation" and carry a different gun as the mood strikes them.

+1 In a life or death situation I don't want to have to think of what gun I'm carrying.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I used to not be a believe in this until I was at the range shooting my old FN-P9 and my hand-placement made for my thumbs-high grip to decock the gun while shooting it. I then took stock of all the various guns I'd throw into the rotation and decided to stick with Sigs (or CZ Decockers - very similar feel but the slide-stop and decocker are in very different places - doesn't affect emptying a magazine into the bad-guy though).

I actually sold that FN and bought another (forgetting why I got rid of the first one) and sold it too. Very nice guns, but my hands just love to go right for the safety-decocker lever no matter how I try and avoid it.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
... ... I always cringe when people talk about their carry gun "rotation" and carry a different gun as the mood strikes them.

Hey, thats me! LOL!

I switch between a .38 snubbie and a G23. Sometimes both at the same time. I have no issues with switching.

I do however concede the point that if one does not become proficient and shoot all in their "rotation" often,
then what you say can happen easily.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, thats me! LOL!

I switch between a .38 snubbie and a G23. Sometimes both at the same time. I have no issues.

Nah, IMO, that's close to the same, both double action with no safety. What I am talking about is the guy that carries a 1911 one day, a Glock the next, a Ruger the next, a Desert Eagle the next, an HK the next, etc., etc. :thumb:

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think his comment concerns getting very familiar with one gun and sticking to it, for safety and proficiency reasons. Could be wrong.

That's what I mean. I don't want to have to think about how to work the gun I'm carrying. If I'm used to a xd/m&p/glock, I don't want to have to think of a 1911's manual of arms when a BG is threatening me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom