Opinions on CCW's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have you looked at a S&W 3913?

THIS!!!!
3913 with my J-Frame.
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_S3000076.jpg

My carry gear.
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_S3000029_4.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_S3000012_2.jpg

GOTOGUY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
G26 is a nice one, but it's not thin. I always felt it was going to fall out of my holster. I carry a 23 now. I do have a Kahr pm9, so if you want a great gun that's light and thin, that's the one. The pm9 is the smallest but not the lightest. The Kel-Tec is the lightest. I would take the Kahr over the Kel-Tec, though.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
G26 is a nice one, but it's not thin. I always felt it was going to fall out of my holster. I carry a 23 now. I do have a Kahr pm9, so if you want a great gun that's light and thin, that's the one. The pm9 is the smallest but not the lightest. The Kel-Tec is the lightest. I would take the Kahr over the Kel-Tec, though.

The more I read on here and on the net, the more I like the Kahrs. Gonna handle a P9 and PM9 this weekend, and probably pick one of those two.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any opinions on which of the following measures up better than the others. I like what I've read about the Kahr. Want a Light and THIN CCW.

1) Kahr P9 or PM9
2) Walther PPS
3) Taurus PT709
4) Glock 26
5) Kel-Tec PF-9
6) Other???

We're getting a CW9 for the wife. You could probably save some money over the P9 if you're not using it for any sort of competitive shooting. I'd steer clear of the Kel-Tec. I've heard lots of good reviews on the PF-9, but LOTS of bad ones too, mostly pertaining to the firing pin snapping after a few hundred rounds. I also wouldn't spend money on a gun that needed a "fluff and buff" before it's reliable.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any opinions on which of the following measures up better than the others. I like what I've read about the Kahr. Want a Light and THIN CCW.

1) Kahr P9 or PM9
2) Walther PPS
3) Taurus PT709
4) Glock 26
5) Kel-Tec PF-9
6) Other???

I vote for an "Other" I carry an M&P 9c. Thin, light, accurate as heck, fits well in the hand (comes with 3 backstraps for different hand sizes), and is one of the most reliable handguns I've ever owned/fired

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is a PM-9 small and thin enough for pocket carry? How does it compare to a S&W j-frame? I don't know the answer to either question (someone feel free to post it), but that would be a consideration for me. When all other carry modes fail, pocket carry can be a good friend.

Woodcutter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I vote for the GLOCK 26

Wait, I just re-read your post and you said, thin. Like was mentioned earlier, the Glock is not thin. I would seriously consider the Kahr, but I have no experience with it. I have just heard good things about it.

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a kahr cw45. Great gun easily concealable.
I also have a pf9. Great gun even more concealable.
My daily driver tho is a keltec p3at .380. MUCH more concealable and comfortable to pack. And plenty deadly.

Of the guns you posted, I'd pick the keltec for CCW. That way if you lose it, or abuse it you don't mind as much. The other guns are better, but the keltec is good enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom