Opinions wanted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man,oh man, you guys certainly knocked my request for comments and info out of the park! I just wanted to tell you all how much I truly appreciate you sharing all of this knowledge. I also want to let you know that I purchased 4 Marlin 60’s @ Academy today for $139.99 ea. I felt like this was the best way to go for me. There is enough aftermarket stuff available for the Marlin 60 that they can make them their own. Now it’s time to make some memories! Great community here.... I do believe that I will stick around.
HAHA! be careful when you ask opinions on OSA. You could drown in them. :pms2:

Gun Poor Pop

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I asked for opinions and you guys did better than that. You offered up your knowledge,first hand experiences, reasoning, advantages and disadvantages, etc. You also directed me to some cool .22 rimfire websites and gave me information on fixing up the old Rem597. Also, there wasn’t any of those fanboy pissing contests that you sometimes see on forums. You gave me just what I needed, useful information to make an informed decision. You didn’t have to take the time to help me out, you chose to and I just want to again say “Thanks to All”!!!!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're right on all points. There are lots of good folks here, we're happy to have you join us. There have been a bazillions of kids who started out with the Marlin 60. I remember from many years ago, my dad handing my never-hardly-cleaned-but-still chuggin' along one to me along with an old cloth bag of .22LR rounds and telling me to get outside and be back in time for supper. I'd go down to the river and shoot the crap out of snakes, sticks, dirt clods, and such until scurrying back home to replenish the tank.

Gun Poor Pop

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're right on all points. There are lots of good folks here, we're happy to have you join us. There have been a bazillions of kids who started out with the Marlin 60. I remember from many years ago, my dad handing my never-hardly-cleaned-but-still chuggin' along one to me along with an old cloth bag of .22LR rounds and telling me to get outside and be back in time for supper. I'd go down to the river and shoot the crap out of snakes, sticks, dirt clods, and such until scurrying back home to replenish the tank.
Awesome memories druryj..... that is the kinda stuff that I want for my grand kiddos!

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't bother to read but the 1st page and I'm in the rimfire section to ask a question myself in regards to my Ruger 10/22 take down and MKIV.. I have more fun with my Colt M4 -22.. The "Colt"/ Walther runs better and longer before hiccups.. It is NOT as easy to clean and maintain but I can get near 500 rds before maintenance is needed.. There is also a "gas" adjustment allen head under the charging handle, though I've never needed to fiddle with it.. The mags have a pull down which makes loading easier and they look more macho then the Ruger mags..

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations on your decision, and to your grandkids for a present they will cherish for a lifetime. Just wanted to also say "thanks" for introducing them to firearms, and I trust for teaching them safe and responsible gun handling. That's four more potential votes for preserving my freedom!
:clap3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom