Options - bolt gun in .223/5.56 with a detachable mag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sportsmans’ Warehouse has Ruger American Ranch Gen 1 and II in stock in 5.56. Here’s the one I bought from them. Hoping my youngest (14) harvests a Coues buck with it a month from now.
IMG_3426.jpeg

crispy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think there is a Remington with the feature set that I want(threaded barrel/external mag). Also I would Rather have a Bergara over a Remington in general.
You might be right. I don’t think there’s a stock option for a detached mag. The barrel I’m not sure about. I’ve only recently started diving into the 700s. But I was able to get a magpul stock with a detachable mag

Dangerousways

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use to have a really nice cz 527? with detach mag, nice little rifle, prices have went up on them, howa does a detach mag rifle also, I would go with the mvp or ruger because of the ar15 mags. I have seen a couple used rugers gen 1 for around $400.

Attachments

• 20240904_095448.jpg
    20240904_095448.jpg
    1.3 MB

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Thompson Center Compass. It has the detachable mag and threaded barrel. OutdoorSuperStore had them at crazy prices with a rebate. If I remember right the gun with shipping and receiving fee was around $260