17hmr worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up an Alexander Arms 17hmr AR upper several years ago, and I liked it so much I bought a second one. I stocked up on ammo when it was still cheap and probably have enough that my kids and grandkids will be shooting it well after I’m gone. I’ve killed a bunch of stuff with my 17’s from crows to wild pigs, but like like Dennis, I’d prefer a 22 magnum with heavier bullets. However at this point, I’m too heavily vested in the 17’s, and though I’m not necessarily an AR guy, I like the 17 on that platform and don’t think there’s a quality AR alternative in 22 magnum.
View attachment 512435
There have been several attempts over the years to build a .22 WMR in semi-auto. I've not kept current on them, but in the past all tried, and none proved 100% reliable.
There are some new manufacturers out there that are theoretically coming out with .22 WMR simi auto's but have yet to be put through the torture test of reliability.

Latest posts

Top Bottom