Oregon Militia take over federal building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleBigToe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of sketchy reports and misinformation coming out of Oregon. Hard to even lay out the true story at this point....I do know this though....eminent domain is real and used everyday in the US....always ask myself what would be my reaction if I caught someone driving fence post across my property:contract:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eminent domain was not the issue at the Hammond ranch...nobody was driving fence posts on their land.

There are valid issues to discuss in regards to Federal lands and BLM's management of them but the clown shoes operation run by the Bundy bros isn't helping.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are valid issues to discuss...but the clown shoes operation run by the Bundy bros isn't helping.
Yep. The next American Revolution has been put on hold. The summer soldiers and sunshine patriots did not flock to the cold, dreary Oregon outback. Finally, some Common Sense.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Praying for a peaceful resolution of this mess.

I'm not. It would be nice, especially for the children and loved ones who would be left behind, or get caught up in the hostilities I suppose. I hope there is no more loss of life but I'm not sending any prayers out.

If you come to the party armed, talking about fighting and dying for the cause, then don't be surprised or beg for sympathy when someone takes you up on it or calls your bluff.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not. It would be nice, especially for the children and loved ones who would be left behind, or get caught up in the hostilities I suppose. I hope there is no more loss of life but I'm not sending any prayers out.

If you come to the party armed, talking about fighting and dying for the cause, then don't be surprised or beg for sympathy when someone takes you up on it or calls your bluff.

Yes because after all, providing The People with a violent death is enumerated in the Constitution of the United States for all Americans, if they disagree with the government, right?

FWIW, I disagree with how the protesters went about this and pretty much every other aspect of their display. That doesn't mean the government was in the right and I didn't see the government address their grievances in any meaningful way. It seems like the only way they know how to handle anything these days is with a warrant/subpoena and an armed show of force.

These events aren't created in a vacuum and to be so callous about the government failing to provide adequate redress before going guns hot is disappointing. I only hope you're never on the receiving end. :(

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, not my point. I'm not wishing them dead nor wishing the government would kill them.

I'm simply not sympathizing with them over their fate once they decided to take up arms, seize property and draw lines.

If you take up arms for any cause you should expect someone to take you up on it and you shouldn't act surprised when it happens. If you say you are willing to die for your cause, and you get your wish, I will withhold my shocked face.

That statement is free of a determination of right or wrong on either party's part.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, not my point. I'm not wishing them dead nor wishing the government would kill them.

I'm simply not sympathizing with them over their fate once they decided to take up arms, seize property and draw lines.

If you take up arms for any cause you should expect someone to take you up on it and you shouldn't act surprised when it happens. If you say you are willing to die for your cause, and you get your wish, I will withhold my shocked face.

That statement is free of a determination of right or wrong on either party's part.

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I view your posts as being indifferent to government use of violence on it's own citizens, regardless of right or wrong. You can try to spin it any way you want, but the words you chose have implications, whether you like it or not. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom