Oregon Militia take over federal building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, Nope. My point is my own. You don't get to define it.

My point is that I am mildly indifferent, depending on the situation, to the use of violence against those who have themselves threatened violence as a means to advance their cause. That doesn't mean I disagree with the cause or support those answering the challenge. It just is what it is.

If I'm ever armed and on the other end of it, as you say, I won't be posting on Facebook crying when people with guns show up to grant me my wish. I'll hopefully just get to doing what I said I would.

Not sure why you need to make this about me anyway...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, Nope. My point is my own. You don't get to define it.

My point is that I am mildly indifferent, depending on the situation, to the use of violence against those who have themselves threatened violence as a means to advance their cause. That doesn't mean I disagree with the cause or support those answering the challenge. It just is what it is.

If I'm ever armed and on the other end of it, as you say, I won't be posting on Facebook crying when people with guns show up to grant me my wish. I'll hopefully just get to doing what I said I would.

Not sure why you need to make this about me anyway...

Actually, I do. As soon as you hit submit and post it in the wild, I and everyone else reading it get to interpret what you wrote, whether you like it or not. I also get to judge the veracity of your follow up statements, particularly in juxtaposition of your initial post.

Based on three weeks of no violence occurring in this goat rope, I don't see that they're threatening anyone with violence. They've stated that they will defend themselves if assaulted by force, but otherwise have engaged in a FAR more peaceful protest than those we've seen in the media where the feds have explicitly monitored the police for use of force against American citizens. That's even in the face of rioting, looting and property destruction, which has not been the case here.

Therefore I reject your premise. You can disagree with my premise and examine it's veracity if you like, but this definitely isn't about you. :)

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The man killed during the arrest wasn't black so no news story to report. No one fired any shots besides law enforcement but the event was deemed a "shootout" by the msm, nothing new there. I don't support the Bundy bunch or their hijacking of the Hammond cause. On the other hand, if it were a bunch of sniveling hippies in NYC that wouldn't leave or a bunch of black folks peacefully burning, looting and destroying a city and someone got killed it would be 24/7 news coverage of "evil, jack booted thugs" murdering "innocent protesters". Instead it was an old cracker that got killed by law enforcement so no one in the media gives a ****, nor will they do any investigative reporting to find out what really happened.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm armed all of the time. If I'm armed while peacefully protesting then it shouldn't be an issue. If the establishment is afraid of armed people peacefully protesting and complacent in rioting then there is an issue.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a Chinese saying, "Kill one monkey and you frighten one hundred". I worry there there may be people in government who think this is an opportunity to send a message. I think the occupiers are in the wrong and so do most people. Still excessive use of force at this point would be a very bad thing. Those running the show need to show some wisdom and mercy.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Feds asking media to leave the area because they can't guarantee their safety. Sounds like the media can stay at its own risk.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once again, a group of apocalyptic mega-minds set out on a sure-fire collision course with Destiny, and come up a bit short. The Next American Revolution and Armageddon are both postponed until further notice. Ammon Bundy has asked his fellow "occupiers" to end the siege peacefully. The world and the nation wait, in vain, it would sometimes seem, for their deliverance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom