OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That check engine light can be quickly repaired by Scotch® Vinyl Electrical Tape 33.
I’ve had a check engine light on my 2011 F250 for 7 or 8 years. I had it checked when it first came on, and they said it was an O2 sensor and wouldn’t hurt anything. At 204k, it’s still on, and the truck runs fine. :thumb:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is going to be another day on the skid steer working for free. I’m cleaning up on the backside of the fences around my Mother’s pasture for my brother (he has cows there), and then mowing out the roads on a 440 acre place that we have permission to hunt (my brother and his kids hunt it now. I don’t). Oh well, I guess this is what you do for family. :anyone:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Terry, do you guys ever feel like the deck is stacked against you?

We all enjoy the travel tales, and especially the photos!

Safe travels…..

Actually, the wife and I ALWAYS feel like we have been blessed by God. Sure, we get illnesses, but in both the 2021 and 2022 versions of COVID, our symptoms and problems were pretty mild. The wife didn't feel sick at all and only complained about how the medicine gave her a bad taste in her mouth.

As for me, I contracted it and tested positive on the 7th, but since we didn't want to quarantine in a hotel, we headed home on the 8th. Since one of the side effects of the medicine was diarrhea, I elected to wait to take the medicine until the evening of the 8th and start it then.

And speaking of photos, see below.

I’ve had a check engine light on my 2011 F250 for 7 or 8 years. I had it checked when it first came on, and they said it was an O2 sensor and wouldn’t hurt anything. At 204k, it’s still on, and the truck runs fine. :thumb:

According to the service department at Diffee Ford in El Reno, the engine error code relates to a "Knock Sensor." And, according to someone at the office, another vehicle had that last year and their mileage suffered. They couldn't do anything with it today in El Reno, so we went on to do the weekly certification for Texas and then headed for Greenville, TX. I stopped at the Ford dealer there and have an appointment for Monday AM. We'll just have to see if they have what is needed to "fix" the light. Otherwise, we keep working until we can find a time and place where we can.

That last one is a fallen Sequoia that is breaking off into slabs. Sure wish I could have brought some of that home.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
God I love my job. Karen just chewed me out because our Miracle Whip is too expensive. But it was on sale so she bought some anyway. But she's just letting me know that if it goes off sale she will just drive down the street and get some, she doesn't care how expensive gas gets. 🙄🙄🙄 If she only knew how little I care ... Lol 😉

Today is my Friday -- and not a moment too soon if you ask me. 🤗
Blame big miracle whip….

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, the wife and I ALWAYS feel like we have been blessed by God. Sure, we get illnesses, but in both the 2021 and 2022 versions of COVID, our symptoms and problems were pretty mild. The wife didn't feel sick at all and only complained about how the medicine gave her a bad taste in her mouth.

As for me, I contracted it and tested positive on the 7th, but since we didn't want to quarantine in a hotel, we headed home on the 8th. Since one of the side effects of the medicine was diarrhea, I elected to wait to take the medicine until the evening of the 8th and start it then.

And speaking of photos, see below.

I understand and agree totally with you. We have had a wonderful life. We have been places, seen things, known people, I have a wonderful family, just a greatly blessed life. We were just talking about that while we were taking our nightly walk around our neighborhood lake. And we know exactly where those blessing have come from.

Enjoy your travels….

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening all,

Spent most of the day today supervising the contractor and his guys. They just move way to slow for us. Lol, but it is coming along.
They got all the top cabinets painted. They will be back tomorrow to do the bottom cabinets. They are going to let them dry for 3 or 4 days and then come back to install the new countertops.
We are sleeping at my mom’s tonight. The paint fumes are way to strong.

Driving to Tulsa in the morning to go pick up my mom from the airport and bringing her back to the lake. She has been in Idaho all week visiting her sister.

Hope you all had a great Friday!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand and agree totally with you. We have had a wonderful life. We have been places, seen things, known people, I have a wonderful family, just a greatly blessed life. We were just talking about that while we were taking our nightly walk around our neighborhood lake. And we know exactly where those blessing have come from.

Enjoy your travels….
No more beaver sightings?:anyone:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ugh ... Well, back to Square 1. This surgery didn't last 72 hours (we inserted medications for temporary pain relief to see if the "permanent" solution was a viable option). Oh well ... Thank God for ice packs and finer living through pharmaceuticals ... At least that's what "they" say ... Sometimes I find myself wondering just who "they" are ... And why they say the things they do. ☺🤗🤷

Critters are keeping me company -- Nero is looking at the fridge longingly, Dawg is snoring and That Black and White Cat and Little Sister are zooming up and down the hall. How 2 tiny cats that together don't weigh 3 pounds can sound like a herd of horses galloping through the house is beyond me. 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom