OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ugh ... Well, back to Square 1. This surgery didn't last 72 hours (we inserted medications for temporary pain relief to see if the "permanent" solution was a viable option). Oh well ... Thank God for ice packs and finer living through pharmaceuticals ... At least that's what "they" say ... Sometimes I find myself wondering just who "they" are ... And why they say the things they do. ☺🤗🤷

Critters are keeping me company -- Nero is looking at the fridge longingly, Dawg is snoring and That Black and White Cat and Little Sister are zooming up and down the hall. How 2 tiny cats that together don't weigh 3 pounds can sound like a herd of horses galloping through the house is beyond me. 😂
They have variable gravity they can apply on their feet. A couple of ours like to run across SWMBO's belly when she's asleep. Said belly is swollen and painful, and she wakes up screaming. Then they want to snuggle with her until she goes to sleep again. I've been having to lock them out of the bedroom for much of the day lately. Those two are Pixel, an orange dreamcicle kitty, and Cotterpin Doozer, who is a LH tuxicat. Hoshi, the SH tuxicat just chirps and acts as adorable as she is. Orca is the non-feline with the kitty blaze on his forehead who guards the mommy when I'm not here. He's a LH tuximutt.

We do more than a bit of "finer living through chemistry" around here, too. Had a steroid injection in my knees in March, getting some in my lower back end of the month, and in the meantime scarfing NSAID like they're candy. Just got up an hour or so ago to take my son to work, hoping I can have the back in shape to un**** the kitchen this morning. Then work on the reloading bench this afternoon, maybe. Got 5K lumens of LED light mounted over it yesterday, and even under the light it's a bit better than the kitchen...

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last night, I consumed most of a veŕy tasty whole broasted chicken and a huge pile of the best fried okra I have had in years at Chicken Shack in Arcadia.
Probably going to get a band gig there soon too.
My sweetie and I had a good time there last night.
Very friendly staff and pretty quick food to table time made it enjoyable.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last night, I consumed most of a veŕy tasty whole broasted chicken and a huge pile of the best fried okra I have had in years at Chicken Shack in Arcadia.
Probably going to get a band gig there soon too.
My sweetie and I had a good time there last night.
Very friendly staff and pretty quick food to table time made it enjoyable.

Went to it all the time when it was in Luther. The Lumber Shack in Harrah is where we go now.

It's just as good (or better than Eichen's) and a heck of a lot closer!

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be careful with the NSAID's --- they're kidney killers. I know from experience.
Been using the NSAID's exclusivly since 2010, and for a decade prior to that before a year with 3 different surgeries in it had me on narcotic pain meds for most of the year and a while after. So far, the kidneys and liver are in good shape. Where it bothers me is in acid reflux. I don't use Ibuprofen as I'm apparently very very sensitive to it. Aspirin, Naproxen, and diclofenac are my preferred poisons. And caffeine!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sitting around today here in Greenville, TX. Apparently, some rodent critter got to the vehicle at some point and chewed up the wiring harness going to the knock sensor and apparently the sensor itself to some degree. However, the good news is that they have the replacement parts, but it will be expensive to replace.

Looks like I will be able to take a nap today.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been watching a little of the Queen’s funeral and procession. The respect of the citizens during the moments of silence and along the procession is very impressive. I wish there was someone in our society that would receive that much respect.

We have a neighbor, across the street, that is British. They have their British flag flying this morning.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been watching a little of the Queen’s funeral and procession. The respect of the citizens during the moments of silence and along the procession is very impressive. I wish there was someone in our society that would receive that much respect.

We have a neighbor, across the street, that is British. They have their British flag flying this morning.
I can’t think of any public official in this country worthy of such respect. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom