OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a late night last night. Bothered @Oklahomabassin about a tracking dog, he was tied up so we went a different route. Probably not the one we should have though. Hunter was ready to get back home to Louisiana, so we tried a local guy's dog. He found one for us at our youth hunt, so thought we might be ok. Definitely were not LOL. Finally got to bed at 0200 this morning, no deer, and a long day today!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I‘m spending most of the day at the hospital in Tyler while my Mother has neck surgery, but the one bright spot is that my favorite Uncle (Mother’s brother) is going to be there. At least I’ll have someone to visit with.
Hope surgery went well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First of all, prayers for your mother, and have a good visit with your uncle.

Now for the picture. This was taken along the Spearfish Canyon Scenic Byway going south from Spearfish, SD on Highway 14A. Wife and I had taken a vacation to Rapid City, SD to see Mount Rushmore, the Badlands, and more of the Black Hills. We also took a day trip to Devil's Tower in NE Wyoming and did Spearfish Canyon on our way back to Rapid City.

Some of the finest fly fishing in North America in that stream.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We appreciate the prayers. Everything went well with the surgery, and she was up walking around within an hour after getting out of recovery. She’s spending the night at the hospital/surgery center, and my Uncle will bring her home tomorrow and is planning to spend a couple days.
I’m a people watcher and spent the day observing the folks going in and out of the hospital, and it makes me realize how few problems my family really has. There were a bunch of people that appeared to be around my age that were on walkers and could barely get around, and the sad part was they were there waiting on someone else having surgery and not even the patient.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We appreciate the prayers. Everything went well with the surgery, and she was up walking around within an hour after getting out of recovery. She’s spending the night at the hospital/surgery center, and my Uncle will bring her home tomorrow and is planning to spend a couple days.
I’m a people watcher and spent the day observing the folks going in and out of the hospital, and it makes me realize how few problems my family really has. There were a bunch of people that appeared to be around my age that were on walkers and could barely get around, and the sad part was they were there waiting on someone else having surgery and not even the patient.
Know what you mean. At our last class reunion, all the big sports jocks are now in wheelchairs or walkers. Makes me appreciate being able to do what I want and when wanting to do it.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Right?? I feel that way every morning now. Even as bad as I hurt I am here to tell you that tree changed my WHOLE outlook on life. It's not like I was a Negative Nelly before, but I should not even be here, muchless able to get around with only a cane. I SHOULD be in a home, paralyzed from the neck down. And THAT would have been a good prognosis if things had worked out like they normally do for folks who have the kind of accident I had, if they were lucky enough to not just be outright killed. That ER doc was NOT joking when he asked me why I wasn't at the morgue. Lol He came and saw me the day I was discharged. Told me I was gonna be the patient he was still talking about when he was old and retired and people asked him if he'd ever seen a miracle.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just hit the sack. My feet hit the floor at 430 this morning. About 7 p.m. I received a call from a Dad asking if we could find his 9 year old son's buck. That we did! The buck crossed the river and Jax took us across, up the steep bank and a little ways through the tall river grass to the dandy buck!
We spent another couple hours dragging it back across the river, up the steep bank and through all of the brush until we could get to it with a pick up.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Right?? I feel that way every morning now. Even as bad as I hurt I am here to tell you that tree changed my WHOLE outlook on life. It's not like I was a Negative Nelly before, but I should not even be here, muchless able to get around with only a cane. I SHOULD be in a home, paralyzed from the neck down. And THAT would have been a good prognosis if things had worked out like they normally do for folks who have the kind of accident I had, if they were lucky enough to not just be outright killed. That ER doc was NOT joking when he asked me why I wasn't at the morgue. Lol He came and saw me the day I was discharged. Told me I was gonna be the patient he was still talking about when he was old and retired and people asked him if he'd ever seen a miracle.
Very true. You don’t miss what you can’t do until you can’t do it. I’ve had 4 knee surgeries since 2019 and it’s still not right. When I get down about what I can’t do I try to realize that a lot of people are far worse off than I am. I can still walk but not fast and with a limp. A lot of people wish they could do that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom