OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I had to bring my mom to the ER at Saint Anthony’s today around 3pm. We are still in the ER waiting for her to get a room. ☹️
Her potassium went dangerously low due to the antibiotics she is on for her pneumonia.
Sitting here in the ER room with her watching Gold Rush. She is sleeping, which is good. I wish they would hurry up and get her in a room.
Her weight has dropped to 71 pounds and she is not looking to good.
Prayers would be appreciated if you’re the praying type.

Oh my goodness! I hope they get her in a room quick. It's miserable for y'all ... Hospitals are just NOT comfortable places to be.

And you got it! Prayers for you guys, and her care team also. 😘

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@dancer4life
How’s your Mom this morning?

I came to ask the same thing. Hope everyone got some rest last night and Dancer is sleeping in for a minute.
I just talked to her, and she seems to be doing better than last night. She was able to eat some breakfast and they are running antibiotics through her for the pneumonia and IV bags of potassium. My brother is with her now and I will go back this afternoon when I get off work.
Man, she was so active up to 60 days ago. She lived by herself, did gardening, lawn work, had lots of friends she did activities with. Then she fell and broke her femur. It seems that once she was down and immobile, her body just started to break down.
Goes to show you, and we tell all of our students this every day, that "motion is lotion". Once you stop moving, the body stops as well. Keep moving everybody, even if it just to walk around your neighborhood occasionally.

Also, thanks for all the prayers. They see to me working.

Latest posts

Top Bottom