OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s a small world. Just got a text from my daughter, she asked if I knew a Paul Klawinski, and it turns out I went to high school with her biology professor. He was a senior when I was a freshman, and we were in band together.🤣

You were in band?!?!?!?!?!

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in band and played the trombone for years. I loved it but always wanted to play the Sax.
Dad played, actually still plays the trombone with two orchestras in Prescott, AZ. Guess to be truthful he most often plays one of two euphoniums he has but breaks out the ol’ slush-pump now and then. I tried the trombone in grade school and did okay but the darn music teacher didn’t do me any favors and rather than teaching me to read music he just wrote the slide positions on the sheets.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dad played, actually still plays the trombone with two orchestras in Prescott, AZ. Guess to be truthful he most often plays one of two euphoniums he has but breaks out the ol’ slush-pump now and then. I tried the trombone in grade school and did okay but the darn music teacher didn’t do me any favors and rather than teaching me to read music he just wrote the slide positions on the sheets.
OK, that’s funny. My friend and I were always beating each other out of first and second chair in band. Some of the other kids down the row had to have the slide positions written on their sheets as well. They just wouldn’t work at it or practice and of course, they didn’t make if very far. lol.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of the other kids down the row had to have the slide positions written on their sheets as well.
Now for clarity, I didn’t “have” to have the positions written out if laziness, the teacher never gave us a chance nor tried to teach us. Don’t want you thinking a was a bum at 10 years old. 😉

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found what is probably not a solution to the “coffee” issue some of us were talking about. Doesn’t solve the problem, but it seems like a great idea for just about anything we want to keep doing.
IMG_0635.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom