OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watching the weather….. I know it’s just entertainment but I get sick of the ‘wind chill’ crap. They spend so much time talking/charting it purely for shock value. The only thing that really matters is the actual temperature.
Unless your nekkid. :hey3:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was having gut issues, even showing some blood in a test. The VA put me through a battery of tests to show it was in the lower intestine that was "irritated".
There was talk of some injection that I had to do myself, so looked up the drug they recommended which is all over the TV now.
Three times it said death may occur in different explanations of side effects. Nope, not for me.
Started eating Activia yogurt with probiotics every morning along with a banana and a small handful of tree nuts while still drinking a 20 oz mug of very strong coffee every morning.
All the effects of the irritated intestine went away. It wasn't overnight, took a few weeks to notice an improvement and 6 months later, zero issue. Had two tests during follow ups since then which was over a year ago and the DR released me. No diet change, no coffee change, nothing.
Dennis,

"Tree nuts" being what kind of nuts?
Terry and I discussed this in a PM today. PM's are private. If it's ok with Terry, I'll post my reasoning why my concoction appeared to help my gut issues, but I need his permission first.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Terry and I discussed this in a PM today. PM's are private. If it's ok with Terry, I'll post my reasoning why my concoction appeared to help my gut issues, but I need his permission first.

You have my permission. If anyone else has the same issue that I do, I'm sure it would be of great benefit to them.

At present, I have quit coffee as a possible cause of IBS (Irritated Bowel Syndrome) and have begun to eat a flavored yogurt, specifically Yoplait strawberry, banana, and mixed fruit that has been purchased at Sam's.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have my permission. If anyone else has the same issue that I do, I'm sure it would be of great benefit to them.

At present, I have quit coffee as a possible cause of IBS (Irritated Bowel Syndrome) and have begun to eat a flavored yogurt, specifically Yoplait strawberry, banana, and mixed fruit that has been purchased at Sam's.
It's pretty much nuts that grow on trees. Pecans, Cashews, Macadamia and so on. Each nut has it's own properties, so we try to do a mix.
I'm pretty sure the Activia with probiotics is the major player in helping my gut issues along with adding more fiber like beans, but the others do too as well as other health benefits like the heart. I'll occasionally add a grapefruit to the breakfast.
The banana's are great for adding potassium and help with gut issues as well.
www.healthline.com

Bananas: 11 Evidence-Based Health Benefits

Bananas make a great breakfast, snack, or dessert. Here are 11 impressive and evidence-based benefits of bananas.
www.healthline.com
www.healthline.com
Tree nuts, not peanuts are a heart healthy food. We buy the bulk nuts from Costco or Aldi's.

www.eatingwell.com

What Happens to Your Body When You Eat Nuts Every Day

Nuts are nutritious and eating them regularly may be beneficial. What happens to your body when you eat nuts every day? Here is what the research says.
www.eatingwell.com
www.eatingwell.com

I went from a year of the squirts to a diet change that fixed it all. Co-incidental? It could be, but a year down the road, it's still working, although I do sneak a little bacon at times. Once the fat is rendered, it's healthy.....right?
I have not stopped coffee.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I played at the saxophone, but I was horrible.

So did I. From 5th grade on through High School and into college. Alto, Tenor and Baritone. Never got the chance to play a soprano. Tried to play a bass sax once, but I just didn't have enough air. I know ... that's hard to believe!

Latest posts

Top Bottom