OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has been some time since the last time I was in Boston, but I remember several good restaurants. And plenty of sightseeing opportunities. Enjoy your trip, and then try to finally take some time off. You sure have earned it…..

Actually, I just remembered that prior to retirement, I was constantly on the move also, and I was sure enjoying that part of my life also. I recently met one of your students, and they could not say enough good things about you, and your work. Keep it up! There’s plenty of time to retire later…..

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trout fishing with the fam today. Caught my limit this morning. Main task is keeping wife and kids tackle going.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Burkburnette, TX has a display of old oil field equipment located on the north side of town. I spotted this display after another member here at OSA posted a video of a gentleman that still serviced one of the old pump systems like this one.

For those that haven't seen videos of these systems, one power source, as seen here, could run multiple pump jacks with the use of long rods.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Willis Creek Slot Canyons don't get the notoriety of such well known ones as Antelope Canyon, largely because Willis Creek Canyons aren't quite as narrow as Antelope. However, Willis Creek is different in that there are four different canyon "areas," with each having taller walls as one progresses through them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went to Duluth today with friends.
Got to watch a 900’ ore ship come into the canal and the famous lift bridge go all the way up to let it through into the harbor.

IMG_3322.jpeg

IMG_3326.jpeg

Afterwards went and watched a glass blower create a vase for a customer. We were totally impressed.

The start after adding some color:

IMG_3329.jpeg

Pulling the spiral into another pattern with a hook.

IMG_3331.jpeg
IMG_3330.jpeg

After an amazing process of transferring the vase to another rod, he started working on the opening.

IMG_3336.jpeg

The finished vase that now has to go into a 900* oven for a 24 hour cool down.

IMG_3338.jpeg

They have customers from all over the world. I could watch that process all day.

Attachments

• IMG_3321.jpeg
    IMG_3321.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom